Any good XBOX 360 games out there?
Nov 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

moo moo

New Head-Fier
Just been playing Oblivion for the past few weeks, and just got Fable 3 as a gift.

Do you have any recommendations for me for a next purchase?

I'm into anything, nothing specific

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 30
Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas? Both by Bethesda. 

Nov 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 30
If you like a good racing game the new Need for Speed Hot Pursuit comes out this month.  I played the demo several times and talk about a return to form.  So fun to bring back the cops and racers in exotics formula. 

Nov 15, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 30
My (partial) list of recommendations, in no particular order:

Mass Effect 2
Forza 3
Halo Reach
Dragon Age: Origins
NBA 2k11
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed 1 and 2
Darksiders
Mirror's Edge
Alan Wake

Nov 16, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #5 of 30
Depends if you play on xbox live.
For strictly single player, Mass Effect 2 is a clear winner in my mind.  The first Mass Effect isn't that bad, either.  Bioshock and its sequel are quality games, as well.

But if you have xbox live and people to play with, I suggest either Halo: Reach or Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 30
Halo Reach and Call Of Duty Black Ops have been taking a lot of my time lately.

Nov 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 30
Anyone else here think New Vegas kinda sucked? I just got tired of the glitchy gameplay, and not to mention that the map feels like they made half of it explorable and then put an invisable wall everywhere else. Then again I've gotten to where I can't stand to play games anymore so I just use my PS3 for movies now :\. Fallout 3 was an amazing game when I got it though, to bad it got old after my 5th or 6th play through :D.

Nov 18, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 30
Full games:
-Lost Odyssey (Just started playing it again, Awesome)
-Mirror Edge
-Bioshock

Xbox 360 Live Arcade:
-Braid
-Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
-Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Cannot go wrong with any of them.

Quote:
Do you like old school beat 'em ups? Scott Pilgrim vs. The World from XBLA, especially if you've got friends to come over--4 player couch co-op!

Have you unlocked the Survival Horror mode and Boss Rush mode?  Not sure if you can play those with 4 players but still fun modes that give the game added play value even after you beaten the game with all 5 characters.

Nov 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #11 of 30

Quote:
Have you unlocked the Survival Horror mode and Boss Rush mode?  Not sure if you can play those with 4 players but still fun modes that give the game added play value even after you beaten the game with all 5 characters.

AFAIK, both Survival and Boss Rush are only accessible by cheat codes (and you have to enter it every time you boot the game up). Haven't tried either co-op, but the Boss Rush is an excellent way to farm cash once your character hits level 10 or so.
Still working on buffing out my 2nd character--a long ways off from finishing with all 5! And even then there'll be DLC so Knives is selectable.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 30
I still play COD World at War. Nazi Zombies split screen is fun as hell (literally). I haven't tried out black ops yet, but i ts made by the same company (treyarch) so I bet it's fantastic as well.

Nov 18, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #13 of 30

Quote:
I still play COD World at War. Nazi Zombies split screen is fun as hell (literally). I haven't tried out black ops yet, but i ts made by the same company (treyarch) so I bet it's fantastic as well.

There's a zombie map set in the Pentagon in which you control either JFK, McNamara, Castro, or Nixon.  They added one(?) more type of zombie, it crawls on walls and explodes in a cloud of gas.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:
AFAIK, both Survival and Boss Rush are only accessible by cheat codes (and you have to enter it every time you boot the game up). Haven't tried either co-op, but the Boss Rush is an excellent way to farm cash once your character hits level 10 or so.
Still working on buffing out my 2nd character--a long ways off from finishing with all 5! And even then there'll be DLC so Knives is selectable.

They are hardly considered 'cheats', and you don't have to enter them in every time.  They both will stay in the main menu forever just like the music room after using the serect code.  There are easier ways to farm for change in the same amount of time; but I find them fun modes to pickup when I don't feel like playing through a level or segment of a level.

I've had it pretty much since launch and have played it enough to say it was well worth the money I spent on it.  (Best money I've spent on a game in a while).  Yah, they're slipping on the DLC, they must be using Valve time.  I could use a 6th character to max out.  I hope they release it soon.  I wonder what her [Knives] striker is going to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back