Any good DIY cable supply places in AU?
Apr 17, 2010 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Anthony1

Member of Trade: room40audio
Have been looking for decent copper cable supplies in Au to make a LOD/interconnects plus some decent range of DIY supplies.

Have bought from Qables and some ebay sites but would be good to see if there anything decent locally in Australia?

Apr 17, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #3 of 9
It's probably going to be way over your budget, but Duratone in Canberra have Van Den Hul cable by the metre off the roll. If they still have D102III available, it's closer to reasonable in price and much cheaper for making balanced or unbalanced cable than if you buy a factory assembled set of cables.

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably going to be way over your budget, but Duratone in Canberra have Van Den Hul cable by the metre off the roll. If they still have D102III available, it's closer to reasonable in price and much cheaper for making balanced or unbalanced cable than if you buy a factory assembled set of cables.

Have looked at their site extensively but cant find any links to the wire you have described. Is it something you have to walk in and buy off the shelf?

Apr 19, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #5 of 9
They removed their cable price list off the site some time ago. You'd have to call them and ask or email them. They can be slow replying to email though. The owner is the type to print off emails and hand-write receipts but they know their stuff.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #6 of 9
Thanks.. however was looking for something online because Im in Perth

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 9
pm qusp, I’m sure he’ll be able to point you in the right direction.

I’ve also bought several finished cables from him, and I highly recommended his work.

He’s very reasonably priced too.

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks John however Ive seen some threads that qusp has replied to regarding DIY items and have gleaned some sites from those threads.. was kinda hoping there was somebody local and able to buy online but no matter.

Have bought some stuff already from HK and Qables but want some decent copper wire so it looks like I'll go to CryoParts for that.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #9 of 9
Jeremy has a magic fingers and can find almost anything up in his backroom, so to speak hehehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back