Any Good Budget Chinese Headphone Portable Amp For Under $25?
May 5, 2017 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

actorlife

Headphoneus Supremus
Looked around and did not find a thread, So Since there are earphones, PC/Bluetooth music amps, etc. from China for under $25 why not a good headphone amp for under 25 NOW. Please post some good ones. Gracias.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 4
May 6, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 4
Crooked screen printing does not instill confidence on that one. But looks can be deceiving.

CMOY is right within that price range and is a proven design.

Other choices:
- Xduoo XQ-10
- FiiO A1
- M-Audio Bass Traveler

Keep in mind the ultra low power ones aren't going to be doing much in the way of actual amplification. You can't do much with 20-30mW output. But it's better than going straight out of your phone in most cases.

Lemme ask you this - what source are you using? Because most DAPs are already going to provide some level of amplification out the headphone jack.

For example, the Xduoo XQ-10 headphone amp has the same guts that's already included in the Xduoo X2. So depending on if you're using a DAP vs a phone (and depending on what DAP), it may be redundant and unnecessary.

So as a hypothetical example, going LO (unamplified) from an Xduoo X2 into an Xduoo XQ-10 headphone amp is just spinning your wheels by taking 1 step back then 1 step forward (only now you've added more bulk, more cables, & more stuff you have to keep charged).

Likewise, the Xduoo X3 has an output of 250mW@32Ω (just as another example; don't know why I keep using Xduoo stuff for examples LOL). So you wouldn't want to LO except to an amp that provided >250mW.

And I know some people double-amp, but I am against it.

Sure, I guess the sound could be colored slightly depending on what's inside of amplifier X or Y, if it has bass boost, etc. But if it was me I'd base the decision on what your source can (or can't) output, as well as what impedance headphones you're planning on driving. I believe all of yours are 16 & 32ohm if I'm not mistaken, so you would want to look for an amp optimized for low impedance headphones.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 4
I was thinking of using the device for various STUFF. Once in a while for DAP and other sources to boost sound and bass. I have some Iem that I like that are low in volume and like a boost. Doubt if I'd stack them for out door use, but Maybe I Will. Those are some good choices there Slater. I appreciate you taking the time to write these up. I've heard of m-audio through their speaker line. That one looks to be a good choice with custom bass boost. I've had some good headphone amps through the years. I have a couple of Fiio that do a decent job. I guess I wanted a budget backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back