Any Golfers out there.
Feb 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Guidostrunk

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wanted to know if there are any golfers out there. Is your passion for golf just as strong as Hi Fi.

Currently I'm a 12 Handicap

Clubs consist of:

Driver- Callaway Ftiq 8.5* Imix proforce v2 stiff shaft
3 wood- Callaway Ft fujikara 360 stiff shaft
Hybrids- Nike Slingshot 1 hybrid & 3 hybrid stock rayon shaft
Irons- Nike CCI cast 4-AW Mitsubihi Rayon graphite shafts
Wedges- Nike Tour 56* sand wedge & 60* Lob wedge
Putter- Odyssey White Hot Rossie 34" mallet
Ball- Titlest pro v1
Grips- Golf Pride Multicompounds.
Shoes- Nike Shox golf spikes.

Well theres my golf rig. You can post yours also. I got about 2 months until the weather breaks here to hit the links. Hit em good this year fellow golfers.
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #2 of 28
Golfer here.

Havent calculated my handicap in a while, but I'm probably about a 15 now

Most of my clubs are old but they fit me very well

Driver - Callaway Big Bertha 04
3/5 wood - Callaway Steelhead III
Irons - Callaway Original Big Bertha
Wedge - Callaway Steelhead X-22
Putter - Ping G2 Anser
Ball - whatever I find, I keeps
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Golfer here.

Havent calculated my handicap in a while, but I'm probably about a 15 now

Most of my clubs are old but they fit me very well

Driver - Callaway Big Bertha 04
3/5 wood - Callaway Steelhead III
Irons - Callaway Original Big Bertha
Wedge - Callaway Steelhead X-22
Putter - Ping G2 Anser
Ball - whatever I find, I keeps
smily_headphones1.gif

I knew there were golfers here
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #4 of 28
Haven't played in a few years but I do enjoy beating the ball and finding it. I was late to the game, picking it up ten years ago. I've played maybe 30 games. I'm one to keep score based on how many balls I loose vs how many I find looking for mine. My last handicap was 12. Just picked them up and started swinging. So I guess you could say I try to play golf.

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't played in a few years but I do enjoy beating the ball and finding it. I was late to the game, picking it up ten years ago. I've played maybe 30 games. I'm one to keep score based on how many balls I loose vs how many I find looking for mine. My last handicap was 12. Just picked them up and started swinging. So I guess you could say I try to play golf.

I'm in the same boat when BEER is involved. lol
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 28
Interesting how this popped up right after Tiger's apology >_<. Not a great active sport, but that's not the point.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #8 of 28
Love golfing. I usually play every day that I can during the summer. I get in maybe 60-80 rounds per year. I am a 6 handicap, though it generally starts at about 12 in april and goes down by august.

I have:
odyssey tri-hot putter
Snake Eyes 48,52,56,60,64 degree wedges
Ping I3+ irons 3-9
Callaway big bertha 3W
Callaway C4/ ERC Fusion driver.
and I play bridgestone b330 or callaway hx blues (the HX blue was discontinued 4 years ago but I know someone from callaway who has a stockpile.)

Also, golf may not be a terribly strenuous sport, but hiking up and down hills for 4-6 miles with 20-30lbs in the summer heat can definitely be a workout.

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love golfing. I usually play every day that I can during the summer. I get in maybe 60-80 rounds per year. I am a 6 handicap, though it generally starts at about 12 in april and goes down by august.

I have:
odyssey tri-hot putter
Snake Eyes 48,52,56,60,64 degree wedges
Ping I3+ irons 3-9
Callaway big bertha 3W
Callaway C4/ ERC Fusion driver.
and I play bridgestone b330 or callaway hx blues (the HX blue was discontinued 4 years ago but I know someone from callaway who has a stockpile.)

Also, golf may not be a terribly strenuous sport, but hiking up and down hills for 4-6 miles with 20-30lbs in the summer heat can definitely be a workout.

Hiking them hills....... I hear ya brother. I play 3 to 4 times a week, once or twice 9 holes after work during the week and league play on the weekends. Tried the simulators close to home for some winter golf, but i just cant get into the whole indoor golf thing.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #10 of 28
I haven't played in years, however when I did I shot in the 80s ...I miss playing, but I found the courses got way too crowded so it took forever to play a round and also it was getting way too expensive...

I miss it, maybe one day I'll get back out there....

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 28
lapsed golfer here, I used to play a lot in the early to mid 80s, but I am real hack, my greatest golfing moment was the day I, with exterme luck, broke 90, I plan to play a dozen or so rounds this summer, if I can get down to about 110 I will be more than happy as my playing partner is even worse than me, clubs are a RAM $120 complete set including bag and stand, I used to have a McGregor(sp) set but they walked out on me in disgust.

Last time out, last year, I lost two balls and found 5
icon10.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #12 of 28
Yeah, I smack the little white ball/s around.....I use my dads older but great set of "Ping 3s" complete set, with Walter Hagen woods (classics).... I use a flat blade putter.... I also have my dads original set of Ping clubs, my 14yr old is using those now......Golf is surely the most HUMBLING game IMO that one can play.....What killed me was my dad (because of age 83) giving up his membership to the "Dayton Country Club", what a course!!!.....and mostly free rounds! So now my brother, son and myself have to hit the local public courses......I have noticed that Golf bothers my back as I've gotten older....I try to play "Bogie" or better golf...sneek in a par or birdie now and then.....Interesting note, My Brother caddied on LPGA Tour in the 80s.. He can tell some great stories about the women on tour.... anyway to all us hackers, "FAIRWAYS AND GREENS"

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM Post #13 of 28
i started playing last year and i fell in love with this sport!

one thing i realized is that the amount of athleticism you have does not really matter in golf, compared to most other sports. it's all about knowing the game, and the amount of practice most importantly. i am a pretty athletic guy (all-state basketball/football/track&field in high school, all-american track&field in college, etc) but i really really really suck at golf. in the beginning, i was cussing and throwing my clubs whenever i didnt hit the ball well which was pretty much every single time. then i finally accepted the fact that i was a super newb, and started going to the range at least twice a week during the winter.

thanks to golf, i think i've calmed down a lot more, not just in golf but as a person in general. i wish i started playing back in the early 90s when my parents were begging me to play golf. i could've been competing against the pros instead of being stuck in a cubicle.
redface.gif

btw, what ball do you guys use?
i am thinking about using pro v1x this year. seems like a good choice for someone with fast swings.

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 28
After all those years that my friends and buddies want me to play golf but I sort of resisted since I was more interested in running, bicycling, etc. However, when my wife bought me a real nice set of golf clubs as a present last year (she was coached by my friend who was avid golfer), I finally started to play golf last year March. Boy, this golfing is not easy to do well at all as many of you already knew. I prepared about five months of training for me to finish my first marathon and that was easy compare to doing well in the golf, I believe.

However, even with all those frustration that I had hitting that small white balls, I finally starting see some fun in it. And this is one sports that I can enjoy together with my wife. So I bought her a nice set of golf clubs and starting to play together. No it is not consider as aerobic exercise but it is great way to enjoy the outdoor.

Mar 12, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #15 of 28
I love golf. I played on my high school team, but haven't really played much since then. Sometimes I'll go to the driving range, and once in a blue moon I'll hit the course with my dad. I wish I had friends who play. I'd love to go out more often.

All of my clubs are hand-me-down Yonex clubs. Some ADX titanium something or some other that are like 10 years old now. The only club that isn't a hand-me-down is my Odyssey putter. I would really like new clubs, but I don't see the need since I don't play that often anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back