Any Firefox fans out there?
Dec 1, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 22
All your base are belong to Firefox!!!! Seriously, it's much better than IE. Only Bad thing I've found is that it's a bit slower than IE and of course doen't render some pages right.

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:04 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddball
I like Firefox, except I'm finding it a bit slow and often has problems loading pages that I know exist, like Head-fi.
frown.gif

Try installing extention called Tweak Network. It made my Firefox load faster.

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 22
I've been using firefox for about 2 years and it's deffinatly my favorite browser. It's got great support for web standards and while its light wieght in it's stock form you can add functionality very easily with extensions. There are some downsides though: #1 you can't use it for windowsupdate.com (the only thing I use IE for on a regular basis) #2 the strict standards support can cause webpages to seem like they are loading incorrectly when in actuality its not the browsers fault and the pages are loading exactly how the W3C standards specifies it. The only cure is to view the page in IE and send hate mail to the webmaster because they're being lazy. #3 It has some pretty wicked memory leaks.

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts

You are possibly one of the coolest people ever. Thanks!

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #20 of 22
Oh, that reminds me; I don't like the fact that I cannot access some websites b/c they think that Mozilla is an outdated version of Netscape or something. "Need IE 5.0/Netscape ver. blahblahblah or higher to view this website/page"

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts

I went to the site and looked at the screen shot Here and it's pretty easy to do those settings in Firefox without the extension. It's not going to be differen't page loading wise obviously, but its always nice to not have to load an unneeded extension every startup.

Steps:
1: type "about:config" in the address bar (without quotes)
2: in the filter bar that shows type "connections" (without quotes)
3: double click on each setting to open a box to edit the value and change it (use the screen shot of the extension if you aren't sure about what numbers to try)
4: type "pipelining" in the filter bar
5: same as step 3

Edit: forgot to add for values that your changing between true and false just double click the setting.

Dec 2, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #22 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back