Any Firefox fans out there?
Dec 1, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 22
I use it all the time now, and like it very much. Occasionally I see a difference between the way it renders something and the way IE does, but overall I'm extremely happy with Firefox, and IE is still there if I ever want it.

I *really* like it for browsing Head-Fi: once I retrieve New Posts, I just run down the list hitting "Open in New Tab" for any threads I want to read; then start going through the tabs one by one. It's very efficient compared to using the Back button etc., and very tidy compared with opening forums or threads in their own windows.

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #7 of 22
Yup. firefox is great. For me, links I click on are loaded in an inactive tab, so I can go through the forum without rightclicking for new tabs.

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 22
Well, you guys and NeilPeart convinced me to give it a try. I do like what I've seen thus far, although there are a few things about it that are a little less than desirable. Considering how extendable it appears to be, I think I might be able to overcome them. Do you have any web resources that I might be able to look through?

Thanks again.

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_superlove
Well, you guys and NeilPeart convinced me to give it a try. I do like what I've seen thus far, although there are a few things about it that are a little less than desirable. Considering how extendable it appears to be, I think I might be able to overcome them. Do you have any web resources that I might be able to look through?

Thanks again.

I use the tabbrowser extention for it, it rocks. Also, you can DL a great plugint that gives you the option to open a link in IE.

Dec 1, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 22
Just setup Firefox for my wife's use. I like it a lot, brings many things I'm used to with my Opera. Might even change myself if it included email too. I wonder how integrated it would be with the Thunderbird email prog?

Dec 1, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rauer
Just setup Firefox for my wife's use. I like it a lot, brings many things I'm used to with my Opera. Might even change myself if it included email too. I wonder how integrated it would be with the Thunderbird email prog?

You can always DL the Mozilla package. Firefox+TB works fine for me.

Dec 1, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #13 of 22
I like Firefox, except I'm finding it a bit slow and often has problems loading pages that I know exist, like Head-fi.
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #14 of 22
This is slightly OT, but does somebody know an extension which let you convert some currency to another. Preferably working as a calc too. I'm tired of visiting xe every time I need to find out what the actual cost would be in my currency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back