Any Filipinos in Head-Fi?
Mar 4, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #3 of 35
Don't know about Filipinos, but the recent Bay Area HF meet had a good number of Asians in attendance.  It was in Burlingame- about 15 minutes away from Daly City where I grew up and where there is a large population of Filipinos.  I'm sure there had to be some at the meet! 
smile.gif

Mar 4, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 35
Uhm...I'am! I was born and raised in Quezon City for 13 years (lol you can call me a city kid) and then moved here in California 2 years ago. (BTW I'm 15 right now). And yes,I can speak both languages fluently.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 35

Quote:
Uhm...I'am! I was born and raised in Quezon City for 13 years (lol you can call me a city kid) and then moved here in California 2 years ago. (BTW I'm 15 right now). And yes,I can speak both languages fluently.

Which dialect?  I'm guessing Tagalog if you were born and raised in Quezon City.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #10 of 35
There's gotta be more out there.  Most of the guys I grew up with were 2nd gen born here.  Back then we were all into the mobile DJ thing.  Seems like almost every block in the neighborhood had some setup in their garage and we would slowly drive by to see what kind of stuff the other crews had.  I'm thinking it's almost a natural progression from that to another form of sound reproduction.  Of course a lot of those guys now have families and mouths to feed. 
wink.gif
  Here's what we used to listen to back then:

Mar 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #11 of 35
Checking in! Actually, the Filipino headphone thread is www.headphiles.org

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #12 of 35
You can add me to the list.

I would think that Jude, is Filipino also... his last name is Mansilla... but I don't know this for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back