Any feedback on reverse modded comfies vs. 414 reversed on grados?"
Nov 21, 2006 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
I tried to get a response in the MS1 appreciation thread but no luck.Has anyone out there reverse modded their comfie for use with ms1 or sr60?Seems like a great idea and the back of comfie is pretty soft compared to front but what does that do to sound?If you do a mod like this you will make the comfie too loose to wear it in regular way so im not ready to jump on this until I get feedback on how it compares to 414 reverse mod.This could be a whole new sound for the ms1 so hopefully someone will reply.

Nov 21, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #2 of 6
It sounds hard to believe, but with all the talk of pad rolling and modding, the idea of modded and reversed comfies is brand new!! Or at least seems to be!!

I've done tons of research on pad rolling starting back in March with research going back about as early as the subject has been written about, and I can't remember anybody mentioning it before just a couple days ago!! I suspect I MAY have missed it....in fact probably could have, but I don't really remember it. It really seems to be an original concept!

Crazy huh?
blink.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 6
It's not a new concept, but I haven't heard nearly as many raving success stories about modding / reversing the comfies as opposed to the 414 pads. YMMV.

Nov 22, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Just tried the reversed comfies on my MS-1s, and they seem to open up the treble a little bit more than the reversed 414 pads. Comfort is horrendous, at least to me, since there is less foam on it compared to the 414s, and it makes my earlobes touch the cover of the drivers. I'll keep on using the reversed 414s, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back