Any experience with the Grace 901 headphone amp?
Apr 16, 2003 at 11:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Budrew

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm curious about the Grace 901 headphone amp which the press seem to love, but I haven't found much here on it. Anyone out there have any experience with the Grace 901? If so, what are your impressions? It's know to be ideal for mixing where you hear everything on the recording, but that level of detail might get fatiguing over time. Any thoughts on this? I would actually be comparing this to a Stax system. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks

Apr 17, 2003 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 6
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=12966

Then do more
top_search.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 10:43 AM Post #3 of 6
I just got my Grace 901 about a week ago
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
I am very pleased with my purchase. It is not fatiguing at all. Very dynamic and great bass. It drives all my headphones, CD3000, HD600, AKG K340, extremely well. I have the RS1's on order and they should be arriving next week
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
I've heard from others on this forum that the 901 and the RS1 are a synergistic match. I chose the 901 because it seems to drive nearly all headphones very well including the K1000's. It is very well made, looks great too.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:56 PM Post #4 of 6
Plenty of talk about it here - the search function is your friend.

Two things stopped me spending any more money on headphone gear. The K1000 headphones and the Grace 901 amplifier. I feel no need to upgrade at all (until Grace add a DAC that can handle digital out from SACD, but that's just jam on top so to speak). It isn't fatiguing, just has an incredible clarity that has been matched by only a couple of amps I have tried and none of those have the compact size, industrial-strength build quality or DAC like the Grace.

Apr 17, 2003 at 2:08 PM Post #5 of 6
This is very helpful. I did use the search function, but received tons of results and comments about the 901 were often buried inside long threads. I experimented with different queries and finally found some focused, very rich commentary on the 901. Looks like Bayview Audio has the best price on the 901, plus you get a free microphone. I don't need the microphone, but my brother in law produces a capella groups in NY and I'm sure he can use it.

Apr 17, 2003 at 2:58 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

I did use the search function, but received tons of results and comments about the 901 were often buried inside long threads.

Under search options, try "show results as posts."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back