Any el cheapo headphones since the KSC 35s?
May 6, 2009 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

robm321

Headphoneus Supremus
*meant to say KSC 75 (not 35) - Just wondering if there are any really cheap earbuds or clip ons or even headphones that are enjoyeable to listen to but CHEAP?

May 6, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 11
I'm thoroughly enjoying my SoundMAGIC P10 foldable full-sized (but small) headphones. Less than $24, shipped, from MP4nation.com...
biggrin.gif

Here's my review. I think they're even better now, so I go back on what I said about them not benefiting much from burn-in.

May 6, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks top pop for the link. I will check those out.

I edited my orignal post. I meant to put "KSC 75" and not 35. I did own the 75s before they were discontinued. I enjoyed the sound but they are discontinued. I modded them and then eventually destroyed them with further mods.

Canman - I like the KSC 35s slightly better than the 75s as well.

May 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks top pop for the link. I will check those out.

I edited my orignal post. I meant to put "KSC 75" and not 35. I did own the 75s before they were discontinued. I enjoyed the sound but they are discontinued. I modded them and then eventually destroyed them with further mods.

Canman - I like the KSC 35s slightly better than the 75s as well.

how do you know they are discontinued? I saw them at a radioshack like a week ago.

May 6, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 11
Koss KSC75's Discontinued - 3 years ago and only recently has radio shack discontinued. At least at the two of them where I looked.

*update* - thanks Xan7hos - I didn't know they were still available new.

May 6, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #11 of 11
I made sure I had enough koss 60ohm drivers to last a lifetime. With 15+ pairs. I made sure I had at least 4 pairs of non titanium coated drivers(4 pairs of ford Mac/5 and 2 pairs of r/10 and a pair of portapro). Yes I know there is a lifetime warranty but what if they get stolen/lost or given away.

I like the koss 60ohm non coated driver better. It's less detailed/treb ,but the warm mids won me over.

They'll probably come out with a new line of koss 60ohm clip on in the coming decade.

I still haven't tried 75 ohm resistors with non titanium koss, but since I had more titanium koss than non titanium I added an 75 ohm resistor to the inline volume pod of an ksc75 it really tames the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back