any earbuds that can beat the koss family?
May 1, 2006 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

coolshot

500+ Head-Fier
basically can any earbud surpass them in details,bass qauntity/impact and have nice mids? will to sacrafice soundstage,instrument seperation, price.... um other stuff. Basically im looking for an earbud with better 'fun' qualities that ksc-75/sportapro/PP2 have. I think the most expesive earbud is around 150 right? So that will be my budget. No iems cus i dont like super isolation and sticking those things all the way in for a good seal. Oh and i hate that thing where you can hear your own body.

May 1, 2006 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 7
i don't believe any earbud can surpass the ksc75's bass quantity. The only thing in my opinion that does beat it (in every area besides bass) is the Audio Technica CM7. Although if your liking bass perhaps the earbud path is not the way to go, what you should be looking for are canalphones or IEMs.

Regardless, I find my CM7Ti's quite fun, with their wierd upfront yet smooth midrange. One thing i have noticed is the absence of harsh highs which is a definate welcome. Clear, crisp and detailed. I hear so many things i didn't hear in songs with the KSC75 (well also have to factor in that theres not as much
basshead.gif
in the CM7 as opposed to the ksc75). The first time you switch from the ksc75 to the CM7 you will be dissapointed, i think its just the transition period. After you get adjusted to the different sound signature, you'll find the CM7 being a more accurate phone'.

After listening to them for a while, you'll get adjusted to the bass which should be acceptable provided your wearing them properly. Bass response of these little jewels are incredible, although the actual quantity of it is lacking (unless you wear them in a certain way that give you a excellent seal)

The only other contender is the Sony MDR-E888 which supposedly has a warmer sound signature than the CM7Ti (i've never tried them though). Although that really doesn't affect me because my iaudio G3 mp3 player is able to compensate using BBE MP.

Which also leads onto my next point, your source. You better not be using an ipod.

The CM7Ti cost me 240AUD, so yea around 150USD lol. Rumoured has it that the CM7 sounds exactly the same as the CM7Ti, but bleh, i had extra cash so went for the Titanium version just in case there was a difference
icon10.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 7
etymotic!!! yay...

Apr 4, 2008 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 7
I guess I was recommending them...
I don't really remember posting that. but the ety's are good and you don't have to use triflanges if you don't like them. you can get some shures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back