Any Counter-Strike 1.6 Players Here?
Apr 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This.

I was a long time 1.6 player and reluctantly switched to Source when my brother and our friends starting playing it. Didn't like it at first, but quickly came to prefer it much over 1.6.

I was never much for competitive playing, but I frequent the TNB Gaming servers and have done TWL GG ladders just for fun.

Unfortunately, due to work, I haven't had a good chance to sit down and play for a while!

Haha! I'm in TnB GunGame from time to time, though I haven't had much time because of work. Pretty sure I recognize your name.

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #17 of 36
I once scored near the top score in an Internet room...does that count? I used to play a lot, but I have not touched it in years.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #18 of 36
to OP,
that is a heck of a list you got there!
i used to play a lot several years ago. with online plays, my friends and i never got past cal-m but we won some local lan tournies like web2zone, xitram, and ... dang i cant even remember the names of the places now.
i eventually quit not because it was no fun but because it was taking way too much time. 2+ hours of team practice everyday was just too much.

Apr 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #19 of 36
CS never made sense to me. It's a twitch fps but its extremely slow compared to other FPS games like UT2k4 and Quake 3, not to mention its movement is extremely primitive. Heck, Quake 1 is faster. Why play a skill based game if theres a very low skill ceiling placed on you by the game itself?

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CS never made sense to me. It's a twitch fps but its extremely slow compared to other FPS games like UT2k4 and Quake 3, not to mention its movement is extremely primitive. Heck, Quake 1 is faster. Why play a skill based game if theres a very low skill ceiling placed on you by the game itself?

well, cs 1.6 is an old game so it looks like crap compared to other fps games.
playing in public servers and playing 5v5 team matches are completely different.
when it comes to 5v5 team plays/competitions, cs 1.6 is more about the teamwork and strategies, and thats what makes cs 1.6 so much fun.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #22 of 36
We should start a Head-Fi clan!

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that all you do all day? Look for opportunities to troll? You clearly have never played CS for more than a handful of hours, yet you flaunt your opinions as though you have much experience. High player movement speed is not a standard that all great FPSes must have. If you actually bothered to play competitively rather than d!ck around in a pub with a para and dualies, you'd realize that the short round time leads to very quick and fast play style. This isn't always the case, as some teams play more passively; however, it is because CS allows for such a wide variety and complexity of play style that this game is the most successful and popular FPS ever. Also, thinking that there is a "very low skill ceiling" further shows you've never played outside of a pub. Go spectate high level games and you'll see the "skill ceiling" is far beyond what you think. Of course, it is not just aiming that is important, but intuition and experience as well, which requires years and years of playing.

May 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #25 of 36
Used to play. Now im all about DotA
tongue.gif

May 17, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #27 of 36
I hate to admit it but CS was pretty much my life like 7-9 years ago. I used to play in the best Finnish clan and I'd say it was also top 10 international clan back then (ig3l). When I got older I lost interest to the game. Every now and then I try it and usually do quite well on public servers. FPS games are just too easy. :) I also played Rocket Arena 3 back then and did quite well in it also. I never played RA3 in a clan though. 

May 17, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
I hate to admit it but CS was pretty much my life like 7-9 years ago. I used to play in the best Finnish clan and I'd say it was also top 10 international clan back then (ig3l). When I got older I lost interest to the game. Every now and then I try it and usually do quite well on public servers. FPS games are just too easy. :) I also played Rocket Arena 3 back then and did quite well in it also. I never played RA3 in a clan though. 

You guys were awesome. I remember watching Melvin, Acid, Patu (you) etc back in 2003. : ) Good times eh?  I still have some of your hltvs of ig3l against dopefish at EC7 and some other various clanbase matches. Do you know natu?

May 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #29 of 36
I recently won the CS:S tournament with my team at a local lan party :p I stopped playing CS 1.6 a looooooong time ago. BC2, L4D2, and Starcraft 2 take up all my game time now.

Also, you should all join the Head-Fi steam group and play some games! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/head-fi

May 18, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #30 of 36

Quote:

You guys were awesome. I remember watching Melvin, Acid, Patu (you) etc back in 2003. : ) Good times eh?  I still have some of your hltvs of ig3l against dopefish at EC7 and some other various clanbase matches. Do you know natu?

Nice to know that our matches were followed overseas also. :) It'd be nice to take a look of those hltv's sometime.

Yes I 'know' natu. I've talked to him few times on Assembly's and other events. Nice guy. IIRC he still plays on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back