Any color as long as it's black or grey... colored cables?
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3
I have no clue whether anyone has a 'strong reaction' to interconnects, headphone or speaker cables in bright, or different colors other than "slab grey" or black or sometimes white.

Cables are generally hidden, or at least camouflaged with a neutral color, mostly for obvious reasons.
My personal setup I have hidden the cables, they are mostly black/grey and some white.

However I notice some of the cables brands go for the exact opposite effect: bright red, green, or finely braided or stitched(!).

Thoughts on this, is this a 'trend', I suppose if people are spending very large amounts on cables - they feel the desire to show them (validation?)

Some examples below (QED and Atlas):

xlr-fancy-1 - 640x.jpg

rca-fancy-1 - 640x.png

asimi-grun-fancy-1 - 640x.jpg

Zeno-headphone-fancy-1 - 640x.jpg

If you are interested in cables, if you want to give us suggestions on cables that we might stock, or purchase cables, go to our ads/posts in the sponsor threads. We usually have special offers for Head-Fi Fans.

(America HiFi is a sponsor of Head-Fi.org)

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 3
Those first few pics remind me of the bicycle locks I had when I was a kid.

I'm back to making my own cables so I'm not in the market. But for my systems it helps if I have different colors so I can keep track of what is connected to what.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Those first few pics remind me of the bicycle locks I had when I was a kid.

I'm back to making my own cables so I'm not in the market. But for my systems it helps if I have different colors so I can keep track of what is connected to what.
Good idea (color coordinated for tracking). I'm currently trying to reorganize my own cables. I spent an inordinate amount of time documenting the layout. I am not sure what type of connectors would connect to bicycle locks, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back