Any cheap headphones?
Dec 29, 2012 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

BACONMAN

New Head-Fier
OK, so I was wondering ARE there any cheap headphones?
Not those crappy 2 use headphones, I mean like ones that have noise-isolation and are small 20-40mm.
I was thinking about the Skullcandy Agents, Beats by Dr. Dre, or Skullcandy Hesh
Yes I know they are all crappy but when it comes to headphones/earphones I suck at choice.
I'm looking for durable, noise-isolating headphones, and have a warranty (optional) AND ARE UNDER 50
Some of this criteria is crazy (I know) like the 20-40mm thing but I'm just looking for something cheap, noise-isolating, and durable.
The rest is just a plus to the product

THANKS ALOT AND TRY TO SURVIVE WITHOUT THOSE TWINKIES!

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #7 of 40
Sennheiser HD-201 @~$20

Jan 5, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 40
Quote:
Sennheiser HD-201 @~$20

Yeah just buy the 419/439 Velour's and add A Denon AH-D 2000 Cable and you're good to go!!!
LOL, For $20 these are a great set of cans tho:

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 40
In ear monitors? you can buy some good ones for around $50 or less. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 40
Quote:
Yeah just buy the 419/439 Velour's and add A Denon AH-D 2000 Cable and you're good to go!!!
LOL, For $20 these are a great set of cans tho:

I use them stock with no modification all the time even I have the HD-650 and Shure SRH-840. Of course no competition here but I can still enjoy the music for hours, it is also very light and no fat cable getting caught on things. HD-201 is a good companion to my higher end headphones for different situation. The velour pad is a good recommendation.

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

I use them stock with no modification all the time even I have the HD-650 and Shure SRH-840. Of course no competition here but I can still enjoy the music for hours, it is also very light and no fat cable getting caught on things. HD-201 is a good companion to my higher end headphones for different situation. The velour pad is a good recommendation.

Yeah my favorite beater/budget set. I've had several sets over the years.  I really hate the stock pads so I spent the $10 and bought the Velours from Senn.
I like them so much I put a $75 cable on a $17 set of cans...LOL

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:
Yeah my favorite beater/budget set. I've had several sets over the years.  I really hate the stock pads so I spent the $10 and bought the Velours from Senn.
I like them so much I put a $75 cable on a $17 set of cans...LOL

To me, a headphones with best technical spec and technically good sound are of little use if they feel uncomfortable or sound fatique after wearing for 20mins.
HD-201 is one such headphones that are not technically accurate, doesn't sound the very best but remain listenable and enjoyable when you need them.
Do I recommend them as one and only headphones or the headphones to buy? No, but I think because of the low price and performance JUST DO IT!

popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #14 of 40
So basically the competition is

THE SENNHEISER 201
                                                     VS.
                      THE MONOPRICE
                                                VS.
             Beyerdynamic DT235

So which one would be better? I'm pretty lenient towards the Sennheiser but what about the other ones they any good?
Thanks alot guys really appreciate it :D

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #15 of 40
DT235 is on-ears,  HD-201 and 8323 are over-ears. Also CAL! if you can find them below $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back