any blind tests of R2R vs Delta Sigma ?
Jul 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

anorphirith

Head-Fier
Hi, I'm considering an R2R DAC, I was wondering if anyone did a blind test of both DAC techs?
I've done a quick search but only found one feedback and it wasn't a blind test
cheers

Jul 2, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #3 of 7
The problem here is the circuit the chip lies in is just as critical as the chip itself. There are so many variables in play here.....circuit, parts, power supplies. Its endless.

Jul 2, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 7
The problem here is the circuit the chip lies in is just as critical as the chip itself. There are so many variables in play here.....circuit, parts, power supplies. Its endless.
sure there are, I'll consider that in reading the results of a blind test between a R2R implementation and a ΔΣ implementation

Jul 2, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #5 of 7

I came here to say this. So for this kind of test to have meaningful results, you'd have to use at least three delta sigma DACs and three R2R DACs in the same price range. Preferably ones that have a reputation too, and the more the merrier.

And another thing to consider is non-oversampling vs oversampling R2R DACs. So how about a three way blind test? Three delta sigma DACs, three NOS R2R DACs, and three OS R2R DACs. Someone give me a bunch of DACs, I'll do it!

Jul 3, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Double blind means nothing to me, unless it's using my ears.

Dec 6, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back