Any Audeze LCD-2's on Long Island?
Jan 14, 2014 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

sashua

Head-Fier
I am trying hard to get used to a pair of Alpha Dogs that just arrived but I fear that closed headphones are just not my thing. 
I have listened to Sennheisers and Stax headphones and I think I need to go in the open direction. 

Everyone raves about the Audeze headphones and I have never had the opportunity to hear a pair. I live in Port Jefferson and there is no dealer anywhere near here.

Does anyone have a pair of LCD-2's they would be willing to let me check out?

Thanks,
Russ

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #2 of 5
LCD-2/3 sound like closed headphones due to the tiny soundstage, thus, I would recommend looking elsewhere.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 5
I was aware of the April meet...but that is April.

As for the soundstage, I am really surprised to hear that they have a tiny soundstage. An open earphone of Planar Magnetic design should have a huge soundstage, simply by the merits of that technology (which is what it is most known for). It's like saying that the new Corvette has all the greatest innovations under the sun...but no wheels. Are you sure about this and it is widely known?

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #5 of 5
  I was aware of the April meet...but that is April.

As for the soundstage, I am really surprised to hear that they have a tiny soundstage. An open earphone of Planar Magnetic design should have a huge soundstage, simply by the merits of that technology (which is what it is most known for). It's like saying that the new Corvette has all the greatest innovations under the sun...but no wheels. Are you sure about this and it is widely known?

I am positive about this, as I have spent a lot of time with the LCD-3 . I am pretty sure that it is widely known, but not positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back