Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #6,422 of 6,444
Since they have pretty much caught up to the manga and it looks like its going to deviate so who knows... There will be an OAV but it will have nothing to do with the main story...

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #6,424 of 6,444
Are OVAs usually included with a season pass on iTunes?

Hmm, I'm not completely sure for iTunes, but I know that about 3/4 of the Blu-Rays I've seen include the OVA. It just depends on how money hungry the publishing company is. Or just what kind of license agreement they could make out with the production company. For example, Sentai filmworks released the High School of the Dead OVA a little while after the actual series (which I'm guessing is due to licensing BS) and tried selling it for $6. $6 for a freaking OVA... When in the meantime they included the OVA for Angel Beats in the Blu-Ray discs at no charge.

Oct 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #6,425 of 6,444
Not completely sure why someone would watch from iTunes. Seems like a waste of money. I'd rather spend my money on new HDDs and random stuff.

As for a random series, AKB0048, Sankarea, C, and the one I just finished, Fanatsisia Doll. It's cute~

Persoanally Madoka Magica is amazing, and the music is stunning.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #6,426 of 6,444
No reason to buy things off iTunes especially if it's anime related. I suggest that you should just subscribe for Crunchyroll, Netflix, and etc. Better yet if you actually want to support the industry you could just purchase the BDs assuming you got the budget for it.

Needless to say I'm currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Honey & Clover, Planetes,  Amagami SS, and Kyoukai no Kanata which just aired today. 

Not completely sure why someone would watch from iTunes. Seems like a waste of money. I'd rather spend my money on new HDDs and random stuff.

As for a random series, AKB0048, Sankarea, C, and the one I just finished, Fanatsisia Doll. It's cute~

Persoanally Madoka Magica is amazing, and the music is stunning.

Agreed. Madoka Magica movie should be coming out soon. Looking forward to it.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #6,428 of 6,444
Madoka Movie Number 3 is coming out really soon (I'm waiting!) , forgot exactly when. Not following any new series yet, waiting for what pops up. 

I don't use iTunes much anymore, except for my iTouch. Anything I do on there is like file transfers. Personally, the quality of what you can find online is either better then what iTunes offers, or is smaller. Depending on what you are after. And since I dislike dubs, I can't say anything. 

I won't get into an argument of what is better or worse, I just personally dislike the idea of using iTunes to get anime and related, not even music.

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #6,429 of 6,444
  Madoka Movie Number 3 is coming out really soon (I'm waiting!) , forgot exactly when. Not following any new series yet, waiting for what pops up. 

I don't use iTunes much anymore, except for my iTouch. Anything I do on there is like file transfers. Personally, the quality of what you can find online is either better then what iTunes offers, or is smaller. Depending on what you are after. And since I dislike dubs, I can't say anything. 

I won't get into an argument of what is better or worse, I just personally dislike the idea of using iTunes to get anime and related, not even music.

Heh, you'll probably be waiting a long time for the movie to get translated unless you live in japan and can go to the theater to watch it...

Oct 2, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #6,430 of 6,444

Heh, you'll probably be waiting a long time for the movie to get translated unless you live in japan and can go to the theater to watch it...

Yeah, well, not supporting any illegal activity, but the BD Rips are usually posted the day of release. And these days, and of such a popular series, there are already subs in the BD Rips. Just saying. 
wink_face.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #6,431 of 6,444

Yeah, well, not supporting any illegal activity, but the BD Rips are usually posted the day of release. And these days, and of such a popular series, there are already subs in the BD Rips. Just saying. 
wink_face.gif

Usually the BD rips get posted almost immediately, but isn't it just getting released to theaters in a month or two? Unless they're releasing the BD at the same time as the movie (which they usually don't) then you usually have to wait for the BD to get released before any subs come up.

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #6,432 of 6,444
My apologies, I was referring to the release of the BDs, not the movie. But as with the BDs for the first two Madoka Movies, the third will probably be released with subs too, quality of translations and all that jazz is questionable. But it gets the point across.

Oct 3, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #6,434 of 6,444
  My apologies, I was referring to the release of the BDs, not the movie. But as with the BDs for the first two Madoka Movies, the third will probably be released with subs too, quality of translations and all that jazz is questionable. But it gets the point across.

Yup, hopefully... The problem is that if it's done in a traditional release, we'll have to wait a few months after the October 26th official release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back