Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #6,406 of 6,444
Quote:
But are they blood related or not?

In the end of season 1, Kirino's parents reveal to Kirino that they aren't blood-related. She accepts that with a smile, but makes both her parents promise not to inform her brother of this. It's really awkward in the second season because it appears this whole fact becomes entirely ignored.

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #6,409 of 6,444
Quote:
Quote:
But are they blood related or not?

In the end of season 1, Kirino's parents reveal to Kirino that they aren't blood-related. She accepts that with a smile, but makes both her parents promise not to inform her brother of this. It's really awkward in the second season because it appears this whole fact becomes entirely ignored.

Welp...
I'm gonna have to rewatch that to reconfirm, but if that's true, then the whole second season becomes a huge disappointment

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #6,410 of 6,444
I cannot unread what has been read. Granted I already knew about it but the attrocious brevity was perhaps the most shocking aspect of it all.

@FMA - I'm pretty ambivalent towards Brotherhood, or even the manga for that matter. After having been exposed to the greatness that was the BONES adaptation firsthand, I simply couldn't handle it. They did it, they managed to make a decent-to-palpable series become as epic as a glorious rainbow shooting from an infant's orifice. Now that's not to say that I didn't find the art or the themes to not work in the manga. It was really very quite good in that aspect. But the old show managed to make it all so humanesque, so morbid, so real. Plot-wise I understand where it could have been perceived as a bit of a cop-out. But I'm willing to take the good and the bad from it and still leave gushing like a 14-year old schoolgirl. And I also realize there might be some bias from the nostalgia factor, but what can ya do?

I realize that people have beaten this debate to death. I also realize that my viewpoint is vastly unpopular and can easily be characterized as the vapid ravings of a wallowing nostalgic elitist hipster madman. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #6,411 of 6,444
Destroy

I do not remember this :frowning2: what episode was it destroy? Do you remember? Would it be possible to miss it if I stepped away from the screen for bout 30s? You already said they weren't blood related but I don't remember that getting addressed in S1. Did it happen when they were sitting down at the dinner table? S2 didn't hit on it either... Unless I missed that also :frowning2:

Also,

Some people are very unhappy with the ending. I'm cool with the siblings love but wouldn't want them to have kids. A better ending would have obviously been with Ruri tho... :smirk:

And it seems I'm not alone:

Edit: I went back to check some episodes out but no dice yet. This part was hilarious BTW:

That sentence, I feel like it's missing some info... Lol.

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6,413 of 6,444
Gen'ei wo Kakeru Taiyou - Il Sole Penetra le Illusioni
Gatchaman Crowds
Railgun S
That Shingeki screenie posted earlier looks nice, maybe I should check that out as well.

Sep 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #6,414 of 6,444
Just chiming in on the whole Brotherhood thing--I watched it for 22 episodes and gave up. I absolutely hated it. The pacing was *awful,* and at least up until that point, the characters less well-defined and the plot considerably less intriguing than in the first anime adaptation. People always get on my case for not finishing it, but I really don't think I need to give an anime series more than three or four episodes to get good, preferably not even that long. At the point at which I quit watching I mostly felt like it was just a cash grab, and I can't forgive it for how badly it butchered some of the most powerful moments that it 'shared' with the first series. 

Anyways, anime series I'm watching now are The Story of Saiunkoku (which might be the most boring anime I've ever tried to sit through--I think I'll try to finish the first season, but if things don't improve markedly I'll stop there); Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, which is amazing, even if the constant nudity is really grating; and Michiko to Hatchin, which I'm really loving to death thus far. I also just recently re-watched Rose of Versailles. So many old anime classics (talking 70s-80s here) just have not aged well at all, but Rose of Versailles, for all of its flaws, is still a remarkable series period--not just for its time, but in the grand scheme of anime series in general.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6,415 of 6,444
Quote:
Destroy
I do not remember this
frown.gif
what episode was it destroy? Do you remember? Would it be possible to miss it if I stepped away from the screen for bout 30s? You already said they weren't blood related but I don't remember that getting addressed in S1. Did it happen when they were sitting down at the dinner table? S2 didn't hit on it either... Unless I missed that also
frown.gif

Also,

Some people are very unhappy with the ending. I'm cool with the siblings love but wouldn't want them to have kids. A better ending would have obviously been with Ruri tho... :smirk:

And it seems I'm not alone:

Edit: I went back to check some episodes out but no dice yet. This part was hilarious BTW:

That sentence, I feel like it's missing some info... Lol.

I believe it is the last episode. It happens when Kirino is talking to her parents by herself. I hope I am not remembering something totally different, but that is what I recall seeing.

EDIT: I seem to have lost all credibility. I can't find any source defending my statement. I read that the Visual Novel states they aren't related, but the Light Novel (which the anime roles after) states they are. I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes of season 1 myself once again.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #6,416 of 6,444
I believe it is the last episode. It happens when Kirino is talking to her parents by herself. I hope I am not remembering something totally different, but that is what I recall seeing.

EDIT: I seem to have lost all credibility. I can't find any source defending my statement. I read that the Visual Novel states they aren't related, but the Light Novel (which the anime roles after) states they are. I'll have to re-watch the last few episodes of season 1 myself once again.

By that do you mean OVA's? I just rewatch 12 again and nothing...

Edit: I just read your edit lol XD

Maybe you're thinking of the game?

^Edit: I just re-read your edit after responding only when reading the very beginning.

I failed with you so you wouldn't feel alone... yeah, lets go with that. They will never know :3

Sep 2, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #6,417 of 6,444
Quote:
By that do you mean OVA's? I just rewatch 12 again and nothing...

Edit: I just read your edit lol XD

Maybe you're thinking of the game?

^Edit: I just re-read your edit after responding only when reading the very beginning.
I failed with you so you wouldn't feel alone... yeah, lets go with that. They will never know :3

Maybe, but I could have sworn it was in the anime. Maybe it was an OVA?
LOL  thanks. : - )

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM Post #6,418 of 6,444
ATTACK ON TITAN EP 21

(ಥ_ಥ)

Could Levi be related to one of the guys that kidnapped Mikasa.

Sep 17, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #6,420 of 6,444
^ I started thinking it might be the best anime I've ever watched. I'm not so sure anymore but I'll keep watching just incase it pulls a singing rabbit out of a pen cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back