Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #6,196 of 6,444
Quote:
No, its in the title. "Ano Hi" = "あの日" = "that day", literally.

cool beans and what a fitting an pretty name!

Menma has also been added to my OMG SO CUTE LET ME LOVE U LIST, when I take over the world via little ginger daughters... one of them will cosplay as Menma *evil laugh* 

Oct 18, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #6,198 of 6,444
Quote:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures anime of the season 2012. The adaptation is so campy amd captured the essence of the manga quite well, despite the age of the adapted material. The team behind this is doing a mighty great job.

Oh nice, sounds good!

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #6,199 of 6,444
Watching Hidamari Sketch x360 because new season is running now and I have only seen the first one.
Liking it, but sometimes the animation is "too good" since I'm used to the simplistic one from the first series.

Oct 18, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #6,200 of 6,444
Watching Hidamari Sketch x360 because new season is running now and I have only seen the first one. Liking it, but sometimes the animation is "too good" since I'm used to the simplistic one from the first series.

Well thanks to you, I am now watching a weekly anime for this season. My time is shrinking by 30 minutes weekly! I am near obsessed with the series.

Oct 18, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #6,201 of 6,444
Quote:
cool beans and what a fitting an pretty name!

Menma has also been added to my OMG SO CUTE LET ME LOVE U LIST, when I take over the world via little ginger daughters... one of them will cosplay as Menma *evil laugh* 

I approve of little Menma children!

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #6,204 of 6,444
I just finished Steins;Gate last night. I have a few questions though. Could anybody who has seen the series help me out?

Why the hell is mayushii so important? She doesn't really seem to serve much purpose in the anime other than to be a moe character and figure out who suzuha's dad is...
I don't really feel like they do a good job explaining why Okarin has to go through all the work to save her.

Okay, so from episode 12 to ~18, Okarin spends time reverting all the changes he made with the cell phone microwave back to the way they were because he wants to save mayushii. In order to do so he must go back to the Alpha line, because in the Beta line, Mayushii is predetermined to die at a certain point. 
But, once he gets back to the Alpha line, he travels back in time to save Kurisu from being stabbed by her father. He fails the first time and stabs her. This implies predetermination in this instance as well. 
So how in the hell does he magically get away with tazing her and making it look like she's dead, and then meet her again in Akiba? Isn't she predetermined to die on that day at that time? There wasn't anything that happened before her stabbing to imply that they crossed into steins gate... I could see a few hours later after the paper gets destroyed that they move into steins gate, but... that still doesn't explain why Kurisu is able to be saved....

Yes, I copied my post directly from the Animanga thread, but it seems like it flew under the radar there, I figured I might get a response here because this thread isn't flying at the speed of light...

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #6,205 of 6,444
Quote:
I just finished Steins;Gate last night. I have a few questions though. Could anybody who has seen the series help me out?

Why the hell is mayushii so important? She doesn't really seem to serve much purpose in the anime other than to be a moe character and figure out who suzuha's dad is...
I don't really feel like they do a good job explaining why Okarin has to go through all the work to save her.

Okay, so from episode 12 to ~18, Okarin spends time reverting all the changes he made with the cell phone microwave back to the way they were because he wants to save mayushii. In order to do so he must go back to the Alpha line, because in the Beta line, Mayushii is predetermined to die at a certain point. 
But, once he gets back to the Alpha line, he travels back in time to save Kurisu from being stabbed by her father. He fails the first time and stabs her. This implies predetermination in this instance as well. 
So how in the hell does he magically get away with tazing her and making it look like she's dead, and then meet her again in Akiba? Isn't she predetermined to die on that day at that time? There wasn't anything that happened before her stabbing to imply that they crossed into steins gate... I could see a few hours later after the paper gets destroyed that they move into steins gate, but... that still doesn't explain why Kurisu is able to be saved....

Yes, I copied my post directly from the Animanga thread, but it seems like it flew under the radar there, I figured I might get a response here because this thread isn't flying at the speed of light...

First: If my memory serves me right, they are childhood friends.. I think the anime did present their relationship well ==
Second: I think you have missed something out there, the required situation is that "Okarin witness Kurisu lying in blood" but not "death of Kurisu"..

Oct 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #6,206 of 6,444
Quote:

Seconded.

Third'd
Quote:

Yea get used to that, chance are some one will answer your questions 3-4 days after you post em! I myself and 300 posts behind, and well that thread is mostly IN THE MOMENT, and your question will be IN moment soon I'm sure lol

But yea it moves pretty quick 

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #6,207 of 6,444
Recently watched Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
Netflix description: "After years of relentless bullying, Kenichi Shirahama learns martial arts from master Miu Furinji, who shows him the way to adventure. Taking on his adversaries, Kenichi discovers more about himself and the injustices of the world."
The series is short and humble, highly entertaining in every episode and they always leave you with something to think about. Just as with the Avatar series, wise words to be found in every episode

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #6,208 of 6,444
I finished Clannad After Story, and Fate/Zero a little while ago, they were both so amazing! and now I'm almost done with Spice & Wolf, which is also quite good in my opinion. 
popcorn.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #6,210 of 6,444
Half way through Haibane Renmei so far. I still enjoyed Sora no Woto much more, but this is still an excellent show. Then again, SnW was fairly weak until the halfway point, so just gotta watch through the whole thing I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back