Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Nov 20, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #6,211 of 6,444
This is how I'd rank this season now that we're halfway through, based on what I've seen. I'm enjoying pretty much everything in the Top 20, although to varying degrees.

• Chuunibyou
  • Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2
  • Sword Art Online
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Little Busters!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Zetsuen no Tempest
  • Girls und Panzer
  • Bakuman. 3
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • To LOVE-Ru Darkness
  • Magi
  • Robotics;Notes
  • Medaka Box Abnormal
  • K
  • Code:Breaker
  • Busou Shinki
  • BTOOOM!
  • Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #6,212 of 6,444
Quote:
This is how I'd rank this season now that we're halfway through, based on what I've seen. I'm enjoying pretty much everything in the Top 20, although to varying degrees.

• Chuunibyou
  • Seitokai no Ichizon Lv. 2
  • Sword Art Online
  • Psycho-Pass
  • Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Little Busters!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
  • Zetsuen no Tempest
  • Girls und Panzer
  • Bakuman. 3
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
  • Hayate no Gotoku: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • To LOVE-Ru Darkness
  • Magi
  • Robotics;Notes
  • Medaka Box Abnormal
  • K
  • Code:Breaker
  • Busou Shinki
  • BTOOOM!
  • Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Cannot stand Seitokai. Never really understood why people liked the first season, either. Hayate was a complete disappointment. Busou Shinki is meh. What do you like about Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! by the way? I've yet to watch it.

Nov 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #6,213 of 6,444
Comedy. OniiAi is generic and hilarious at the same time.

About that list: I think I'm watching all but Jojo, Total Eclipse, Bakuman, and Hayate. The shows this season are generally interesting enough to watch through.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #6,215 of 6,444
Quote:

Cannot stand Seitokai. Never really understood why people liked the first season, either. Hayate was a complete disappointment. Busou Shinki is meh. What do you like about Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne! by the way? I've yet to watch it.

I didn't have high expectations of it ("A Studio DEEN light novel adaptation? Will we get another Umineko?") but it was much better than what I expected. I enjoyed it because the protagonist wasn't a spineless nice-guy-from-every-harem-ever, the writing was silly in a good way, it didn't take itself seriously (It was mostly self-aware, besides the forced drama episodes) and there were a lot of fun unexpected references here and there. I'm sure Ken's antics and the GAMESGAMESGAMES joke got tiring quickly for some, but I don't think it was really that bad.

DEEN added in forced drama and there were a lot of minor silly things to point out (What's with the posing at the end of every meeting?), but didn't really hurt the overall experience.

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #6,216 of 6,444
Anime that I've watched thus far (chronologically)

1.Fate /Stay Night
2.Tsukihime
3.Kara No Kyoukai
4.Canaan
5.Black Lagoon
6.Fate /Zero
7.Madoka Magica
8.Code Geass R1&R2
9.Phantom:Requiem for the Phantom
10.Angel Beats
11.Elfen Lied
12. Code Geass R1&R2

TypeMoon basically started my anime journey, moving on to Visual Novels too.

Starting on these series soon, if I have the time 
1.Mirai Nikki
2.Blassreiter
3.Psychopass
5.Clannad

I find that my preferred anime genre to be tragedy, fantasy and possibly the "Girls with Guns" gimmick? Anyway, anyone got anymore recommendations to give based on what I've watched?

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6,218 of 6,444
Quote:
Anime that I've watched thus far (chronologically)

1.Fate /Stay Night
2.Tsukihime
3.Kara No Kyoukai
4.Canaan
5.Black Lagoon
6.Fate /Zero
7.Madoka Magica
8.Code Geass R1&R2
9.Phantom:Requiem for the Phantom
10.Angel Beats
11.Elfen Lied
12. Code Geass R1&R2

TypeMoon basically started my anime journey, moving on to Visual Novels too.

Starting on these series soon, if I have the time 
1.Mirai Nikki
2.Blassreiter
3.Psychopass
5.Clannad

I find that my preferred anime genre to be tragedy, fantasy and possibly the "Girls with Guns" gimmick? Anyway, anyone got anymore recommendations to give based on what I've watched?

Hmm, maybe girls und panzer? (I'm sorry if I'm misspelling that...)
But first and foremost I would recommend clannad and clannad after story, absolutely one of my favorite anime series of all time. I just finished mirai nikki but I didn't find it as amazing as I though I would... 
Oh, and for visual novels, I would recommend the stuff made by Key (Clannad, Kanon, Tomoyo After,ect) as well as Saya no Uta, Ever 17, and A drug that makes you dream.
Saya is the only one I've finished on that list though... 

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #6,220 of 6,444
Quote:

Gunslinger Girl.

Heard quite alot of good things from people with regards to that anime. Will give it a shot (no pun intended). What about "The Ghost in the Shell"?

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6,221 of 6,444
Quote:
Hmm, maybe girls und panzer? (I'm sorry if I'm misspelling that...)
But first and foremost I would recommend clannad and clannad after story, absolutely one of my favorite anime series of all time. I just finished mirai nikki but I didn't find it as amazing as I though I would... 
Oh, and for visual novels, I would recommend the stuff made by Key (Clannad, Kanon, Tomoyo After,ect) as well as Saya no Uta, Ever 17, and A drug that makes you dream.
Saya is the only one I've finished on that list though... 

Saya no Uta! Currently playing through that. Heard Clannad & Clannad After Story to be great. A drug that makes you dream? Never heard of that one before. Mind telling me (roughly) what it is about?

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #6,222 of 6,444
Quote:

You either like Seitokai's humour or you hate it. It really depends heavily on your tastes and what you look for in comedy. 

I think the new Hayate season is fine. It's certainly an adaptation that is better than J.C.Staff's offering for the second season, and is much more interesting for us manga readers to follow given its new material, penned by Hata-sensei himself. 

As for OniiAi, it's pretty much what MisterCats said already.

Quote:
Comedy. OniiAi is generic and hilarious at the same time.

About that list: I think I'm watching all but Jojo, Total Eclipse, Bakuman, and Hayate. The shows this season are generally interesting enough to watch through.

Total Eclipse suck...and the rest are skippable. You should watch Jojo though. I know the art is really weird but if you look beyond that it's a good series.

Quote:
Mirai Nikki has been really interesting Yuuki is craaaazy!!!

Yandere is the term. :p

Quote:
I didn't have high expectations of it ("A Studio DEEN light novel adaptation? Will we get another Umineko?") but it was much better than what I expected. I enjoyed it because the protagonist wasn't a spineless nice-guy-from-every-harem-ever, the writing was silly in a good way, it didn't take itself seriously (It was mostly self-aware, besides the forced drama episodes) and there were a lot of fun unexpected references here and there. I'm sure Ken's antics and the GAMESGAMESGAMES joke got tiring quickly for some, but I don't think it was really that bad.

DEEN added in forced drama and there were a lot of minor silly things to point out (What's with the posing at the end of every meeting?), but didn't really hurt the overall experience.

No one really expects DEEN to ever do anything good, but when they do, it's pretty fantastic. 

Quote:
Heard quite alot of good things from people with regards to that anime. Will give it a shot (no pun intended). What about "The Ghost in the Shell"?

Ghost in the Shell: SAC is great. No focus on girls though.

Quote:
Saya no Uta! Currently playing through that. Heard Clannad & Clannad After Story to be great. A drug that makes you dream? Never heard of that one before. Mind telling me (roughly) what it is about?

Saya no Uta is a game you shouldn't play when you're eating.

Nov 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #6,223 of 6,444
Quote:

No one really expects DEEN to ever do anything good, but when they do, it's pretty fantastic. 

Ghost in the Shell: SAC is great. No focus on girls though.

Saya no Uta is a game you shouldn't play when you're eating.

Yeah DEEN butchered Fate/Stay Night. Saya no Uta is written by Gen Urobuchi right? I like his depression filled works 

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #6,224 of 6,444
I had my friend over last night and we watched Fooly Cooly in its entirety! I'd heard good things about it and never gotten around to watching it, so we just ended up staying up until 2am watching it because we could.

It was really good, overall! Very weird, and very confusing, and very hard to understand about 75% of the time, but it was very good, and I really liked it. There was something about the complete and utter weirdness of it that was just really amazing. I loved it.

It was mostly just really, really weird, though.

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #6,225 of 6,444
Quote:
Saya no Uta is written by Gen Urobuchi right? I like his depression filled works 

Yeah, and since it's a VN it's a lot more graphic than anime which are aired on TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back