Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #6,241 of 6,444
Am I the only one that still prefers watching TV/Anime on my 42" plasma with 5.1 surround sound over my iPad with iems?
Also, I ordered clannad and clannad after story for $64 shipped on sale:D

I assure you, by the time thay I have my own place, and sufficient money, I would probably set up a decnt home theatre just foor watching anime lol. But for the circumstances currently, laying around in bed watching anime on tablet > planted at desk on my chair watching anime on my laptop.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #6,242 of 6,444
Quote:
I assure you, by the time thay I have my own place, and sufficient money, I would probably set up a decnt home theatre just foor watching anime lol. But for the circumstances currently, laying around in bed watching anime on tablet > planted at desk on my chair watching anime on my laptop.

I can't blame you there :)
It will pain me next year if I have to leave all my home theater stuff behind when I go off to college...

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #6,243 of 6,444
Quote:
Am I the only one that still prefers watching TV/Anime on my 42" plasma with 5.1 surround sound over my iPad with iems?

Most college students can't afford anything aside from a small apartment, let alone a living room that can fit those things...

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #6,244 of 6,444
Most college students can't afford anything aside from a small apartment, let alone a living room that can fit those things...

Ain't that the truth.

I feel very lucky with my 16"+22"+23" triple monitor setup already, but that is still very far from beating a 42" plasma screen.

I have enough money to buy one on my bank account, but even if I did, I wouldn't have the space for it.

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #6,245 of 6,444
Quote:
Ain't that the truth.

I feel very lucky with my 16"+22"+23" triple monitor setup already, but that is still very far from beating a 42" plasma screen.

I have enough money to buy one on my bank account, but even if I did, I wouldn't have the space for it.

TVs are not that great unless they're in the living room. The terrible pixel density would make your eyes bleed if you watched them up close.

In a small room, 22-24" 1920x1200 displays or 27"+ 2560x1600 displays are far better than a 42"+ TV.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #6,246 of 6,444
Quote:

The guy living down the hall from me in our suite can...

Works at the Apple Store, and is leading a project to integrate Twitter into classrooms at his college. He's only in third year, too.

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #6,249 of 6,444
I'm watching zetsuen no tempest. It started really really good, but the latest episodes (12 onwards) have cheaped out and dragged the story a lot. I think the manga is not even nearing it's ending so I guess they will make up the story in the next episodes. I will give it a chance to redeem itself.

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #6,250 of 6,444
Quote:
I'm watching zetsuen no tempest. It started really really good, but the latest episodes (12 onwards) have cheaped out and dragged the story a lot. I think the manga is not even nearing it's ending so I guess they will make up the story in the next episodes. I will give it a chance to redeem itself.

I had the same opinion of Zetsuen no Tempest.  The last 4-5 episodes have been very contrived to make the plot devices work.  

The only anime series I've found to maintain a good rhythm to the story is Psycho Pass.  The premise and plot have both been very fascinating.  Hope it continues to be good.  

Feb 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #6,251 of 6,444
First post for me in this thread, i just finished watching full metal alchemist brotherhood (there are 2 anime versions this one follows the manga ), and i am currently watching bleach, and one piece as well. Oh and Gundam00

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #6,252 of 6,444
Quote:

Well, that definitely makes sense.
Quote:
Ain't that the truth.

Yeah, that's definitely a good setup you've got there. By the way, what sort of desk do you have? I know it was Ikea, but I was wondering what specific model it was
Quote:

TVs are not that great unless they're in the living room. The terrible pixel density would make your eyes bleed if you watched them up close.

In a small room, 22-24" 1920x1200 displays or 27"+ 2560x1600 displays are far better than a 42"+ TV.

Yeah, looking at my plasma up close for long periods wouldn't be fun. There's also a very slight buzzing noise that's noticeable when you're right up next to mine as well.
I'm actually having a Dell 23" 1080p IPS monitor shipped to me tomorrow, so I should be prepared for college with that :D 

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #6,253 of 6,444
Recently finished Code Geass and I think its my favorite of all time.  This coming after watching a couple of other Animes that I didn't think could be topped  (FMAB, death note)

I haven't seen too many animes though

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #6,254 of 6,444
Recently finished Code Geass and I think its my favorite of all time.  This coming after watching a couple of other Animes that I didn't think could be topped  (FMAB, death note)

No offence meant, but I always love it when people who haven't watched a lot of anime say that shows like the three you mentioned are so great.

If you're talking to people who have watched 100-200 shows or more, and have a well developed taste in anime they often show quite different opinions.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #6,255 of 6,444

No offence meant, but I always love it when people who haven't watched a lot of anime say that shows like the three you mentioned are so great.

If you're talking to people who have watched 100-200 shows or more, and have a well developed taste in anime they often show quite different opinions.

It's a pretty solid choice still though. I mean, one is a grimdark thriller mystery anime with shonen art, one is a shonen mecha flying everywhere with explosions and not sucking, and one is a shonen with good fights and good story. /snotty

Besides, those three I consider the gateway drugs of the True Anime World.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back