Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #5,746 of 6,444
I didn't know Tantei Opera Milky Holmes was so wacky.  Reminds me of Looney Tunes a bit, yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,747 of 6,444

Quote:
Really?  I kinda liked Kaerimichi.  It was fun and kinda sad when you took the lyrics in context with Hachikuji's story.  But, as you alluded to, it's all personal preference.  For the record, I liked the fourth, second, first, third, and fifth OP's roughly in that order.  Depending on what mood I'm in, the top three change, since for me they're pretty close.

Hmm my order would have to be fourth, second, fifth, first, and third.

Feb 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #5,748 of 6,444
Just watched the first episode of Black Rock Shooter. All I can say is 'wow'.
Definitely one of the most promising shows this season, even though most other ones have already released five episodes.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5,749 of 6,444
I believe there is only going to be 8 eps of this. A lot of the other Vocaloid people already are saying its not so hot while others like it...
I have not seen it yet but its on my too watch list...

MEANWHILE Another has me glued to each ep!

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #5,750 of 6,444
I believe there is only going to be 8 eps of this. A lot of the other Vocaloid people already are saying its not so hot while others like it...
I have not seen it yet but its on my too watch list...

MEANWHILE Another has me glued to each ep!

The Hatsune Miku ED was indeed quite noticable.

I really like the art style, and high amount of symbolism. I can't really decide on the plot yet, although I think it has potential.
But then again, I think something 'has potential' after watching the first ep about 80% of the time while I'm often wrong.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #5,751 of 6,444

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #5,752 of 6,444
TRIED to like Black Rock Shooter.... love the art style of the...art.

BRS is 0 for 2 when it comes to anime however... too much teenage melodrama (as if we don't get that enough from 99% of the rest of the anime out), not enough 'dark universe'. I'm gonna guess it's gonna be as boring as the OAV.

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #5,753 of 6,444
Lately, Gundam 00 followed by Gundam Zeta and now Mobile Suit Gundam.

The Gundam series is entertaining but sometimes the script is a bit inconsistent. Gundam Wing still remains my favourite by a slight margin...

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #5,754 of 6,444

Quote:
The Hatsune Miku ED was indeed quite noticable.
I really like the art style, and high amount of symbolism. I can't really decide on the plot yet, although I think it has potential.
But then again, I think something 'has potential' after watching the first ep about 80% of the time while I'm often wrong.

Well if you missed the BBS OAV you could be kind of lost since its suppose to pick up from that.

I spend a bit of time on the Vocaloid forum too so I get to hear both sides! Though with MMD cup 8 about to start... :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #5,755 of 6,444
Well if you missed the BBS OAV you could be kind of lost since its suppose to pick up from that.

I spend a bit of time on the Vocaloid forum too so I get to hear both sides! Though with MMD cup 8 about to start... :)

Never knew there was a OVA. I basically saw episode 01 on AnimeTake and I though 'Oooooh, a new series'. And then I downloaded it.

I'm currently watching Nichijou, but after that I'll watch the OVA. Thanks for telling me this! :beerchug:

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #5,756 of 6,444
My interests this season:

Top Tier
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou aka "Nichibros" - for the most part, HI--larious. I watch too much Gintama though so keep picturing Gintoki whenever Hidenori speaks. =p
Ano Natsu de Matteru - not that excited about the overused alien girl angle but like the AnoHana feel to the style & artwork. Oh, and Kanna's totemo kawaiiiiii.... ;-p

Tier B
Brave 10 - think this fills my shounen slot now that I stopped watching Bleach
Kill Me Baby - not sure how far they can take the premise but it has its moments
Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai aka "PapaKiki" - think I'll stick around to see what direction they take this. Hasn't been too bad as of yet.

In the Wings - stuff I hope to get to if I have the time (or stop watching something from above)
Another
Poyopoyo
Nisemonogatari (haven't watched Bakemonogatari yet)

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #5,757 of 6,444
I'm only really watching Last Exile and Nisemonogatari, so far.  There's still a bunch of stuff that I have to catch up from the last season, and knowing the snail's pace I get through things sometimes I probably shouldn't over-reach.

Thanks all for reminding me about BRS too.  I probably will check it out, though while I'm a big Vocaloid fan, I can't say I was very impressed by the OAV when I watched it a while ago.  I'll try not to prejudge though, and we'll see how things go.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #5,758 of 6,444
Currently following...

Symphogear
Inu X Boku SS
Black Rock Shooter
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Aquarion EVOL
Guilty Crown
Papa no (whatever)
Last Exile ~Fam The Silver Wing~
Hunter X Hunter
Sket Dance
Amagami SS Plus
Rinne no Lagrange
Chihayafuru
Nisemonogatari
Another
Moretsu Pirates
High School DxD

There are a few other shows I would have picked up like Shakugan no Shana Final but it meant having to catch up with previous seasons and I have to have 'some' life outside the anime universe. :wink:

I'm such a whore.

Feb 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #5,759 of 6,444
Currently following...

Symphogear
Inu X Boku SS
Black Rock Shooter
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Aquarion EVOL
Guilty Crown
Papa no (whatever)
Last Exile ~Fam The Silver Wing~
Hunter X Hunter
Sket Dance
Amagami SS Plus
Rinne no Lagrange
Chihayafuru
Nisemonogatari
Another
Moretsu Pirates
High School DxD

There are a few other shows I would have picked up like Shakugan no Shana Final but it meant having to catch up with previous seasons and I have to have 'some' life outside the anime universe. :wink:

I'm such a whore.

At the beginning of the season I followed literally everything, except for the shows which are continuations of shows I never watched.
I did drop Rinne No Langrange, Brave 10 and Daily Lives of High School boys.

I'm also on the verge of dropping Highs School DxD, Senki Zesshou Symphogear and Moretsu pirates.

On a related note, the seventh episode of Nisemonogatari was absolutely excellent. I really love it so far plot wise, but especially animation wise.

Oh, and I think this thread is dying. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back