Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Dec 14, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #5,687 of 6,444

Quote:
Forgot to put this out. One more line from Mashiro-Iro 11...

No, I'm not trolling. They seriously say that. Something like that at least.

Yuiko: "Tonight's first lesson will be how to get a girl pregnant..." Shingo: "Eh?!" Miu: "I'll be the one to teach him that!" Shingo: "EHH?!?"

HNNGG.jpg

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #5,688 of 6,444
didnt think lovely complex would be any good, but I was wrong. It was really good. Loved it. As always with good animes though, I'm sad that its finished. Time to get back to fate zero to cheer up =)

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #5,689 of 6,444
I was sad when I finished spice and wolf S2. I want another season. The first 6 episodes were constant high level intensity. Then the last six episodes somehow managed to build up and be more intense. So good.

The kiss in the last episode was cheap, but it was understood that Kraft and Holo loved each other.

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #5,690 of 6,444
I watched the most recent Boku Ha Tomadachi Ga Sukanai this morning.
I lol'ed when they showed a short scene of some doujinshi event and four characters from Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai were walking conspicuously in the background.

Other than that the show seems to become more serious. From the looks of it it's going to be a 12-14 episode anime. :frowning2:

Dec 16, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #5,691 of 6,444
i been watching whatever my friend been watching when i babysit in the morning. i just don't watch anime much anymore and it's hard for me finding ones i actually like. most i end up liking a lot though ends up only having like less then 20 episodes and not very well known at all. i guess my imagination just expects too much. i don't know. i tend to like very abstract,psychological,sci-fi, and mystery type ones. i could get by some with romance like Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, but it needs me to keep my attention. i tend to like to see the deeper side of things,like how an artist can see what a simple pattern/dot can be turned into. hard to explain. i'm a very abstract thinker i guess.

Dec 18, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #5,692 of 6,444
No series has consistently made me LMAO this season than Working'!! Just fantastic. And Bento's looking like it's gonna have a heckuva finish.

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #5,693 of 6,444
I really enjoyed the 2 seasons of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, hoping for a 3rd season! It's random and funny and enjoyable, season 2 is so hilarious that made me laughed out tears literally for 4 episodes. Good stuff.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #5,694 of 6,444

Quote:
I really enjoyed the 2 seasons of Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu, hoping for a 3rd season! It's random and funny and enjoyable, season 2 is so hilarious that made me laughed out tears literally for 4 episodes. Good stuff.

Hilarious show.  S1 is even funnier.

Dec 19, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #5,695 of 6,444

Quote:

That show is based on Japanese Light novels so I have no idea where the show is compared with the anime. I would like to see a 3rd season 2 JUST not so sure its going to happen!

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #5,696 of 6,444
Speaking of light novels, I tried reading the Chinese translations of some popular light novels at the library. It's almost as if they (Kadokawa in this case) do not want to reach their target audience, the weeaboos, by using traditional Chinese in columns. This basically alienates pretty much everyone under 35 or so schooled here, because we switched to simplified Chinese a long time ago. Trust me. You don't want to read any monologue from Haruhi rendered by the former.

Dec 20, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #5,697 of 6,444

Quote:
Speaking of light novels, I tried reading the Chinese translations of some popular light novels at the library. It's almost as if they (Kadokawa in this case) do not want to reach their target audience, the weeaboos, by using traditional Chinese in columns. This basically alienates pretty much everyone under 35 or so schooled here, because we switched to simplified Chinese a long time ago. Trust me. You don't want to read any monologue from Haruhi rendered by the former.

hmm.. well, I learn simplified chinese too but have no problem at reading novels printed that way (btw aren't most chinese novel like that? ==).. in fact, Haruhi is the only japanese light novel that I've read translated....

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:04 AM Post #5,698 of 6,444
Gives me a headache. My attention span is even lower reading those columns, and my Chinese is evidently, not up to par in any way.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #5,700 of 6,444
knock, knock.
May I enter?

I am falling for (a phrase practically never use) for Ah! My Goddess.
The DVD-Box is 80Euro on amazon, which is almost ridiculous. And downloading takes ages (19% in 2d 10h).

I am watching this anime and at the same time trying to explain to myself what makes it (and it's characters) so great.
The (love)story? The characters (Belldandy? Urd? Skuld? Banpei?)?
Can somebody perhaps share their opinions?

The (really) annoying things about this anime, are the submissiveness/naiveness of Belldandy (negative stereotype*), the imo changing character of Keiichi in course of the series and the "imperfection" of some really great moments . *saying that i also tend to be slightly conservative in this regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back