Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Oct 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #5,479 of 6,444
Wait, there's a new one coming out?!

Just finished Nichijou. Ending episode seemed rushed, but it was a fantastic series nonetheless. Broke into my rankings, so it's now Lain > Lucky Star > Bamboo Blade > Nichijou > Clannad.

I'm probably going to go start Ika Musume S2 and Shakugan S3 now...

Oct 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #5,480 of 6,444
Oct 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #5,481 of 6,444

Quote:
Yeah it's very cute. You don't need to be a parent to like it but it does hit home a lot if you are one. I think I read somewhere how some fans were joking that it was a propaganda series to get the Japanese birth rate up. =p

I just finished it. Usagi drop was cute indeed, and I can see how it would work as propaganda. After the first episode I also felt like adopting/having a kid. This is way too early, but I'm thinking too much now. It's not all rainbows and butterflies though, of course.

From a different angle, I see my own parents and how they give their all for me, and yet my level of appreciation is low. It's gotten to the point where doing things like calling them by "mom" and "dad" has disappeared from the vocabulary. I either just start conversations when I'm close enough so they know who's being addressed, or say "ay/hey". So many things like showing appreciation, or even just telling them that I'm going somewhere (instead of just disappearing without notice) almost seems taboo now. It's like I can't say it because it sounds bizzare now since I haven't done it for so long.

Aside from the cuteness, I felt an overwhelming melancholy vibe that resonated from the first episode throughout the series. It started with the establishment of Rin not being able to see either of her parents at the age of 6. I mean, sure, in the series she becomes attached to Daichi instantly, but if this were replicated in reality, she would have to be a very very mature and brave girl to continue smiling like that. The fact that she thought about things like mortality, how she was related to the family (being Diachi's aunt and all) and all the other small hinters that ran throughout the series really makes her burdens apparent. 

Oct 31, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #5,482 of 6,444

Quote:
Just watched Macross Frontier - Sayonara no Tsubasa.

Oh man so ridiculous, awesome, stupid, hilarious, stunning, and wonderful. It's the core tenants of the Macross series on crack and with awesome animation, so I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's just not something you want to apply your brain too much. If you've seen the tv series they change a lot plot-wise though.

That about sums it up for me too.  I have to watch it subbed to see what all I missed, but there were times I was looking at my tv and saying, "Kawamori...seriously?  Huh?"  Though at least I feel it didn't change the aesthetic and feel of the series like watching the Escaflowne movie and comparing that to the series.  I still haven't really reconciled my brain about that one.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #5,484 of 6,444
ninja scroll,  akira , ghost in the shell , devil man , fist of the north star alway loved watching these anime movies guess i will browse this thread and see what
what recomended,great thread
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #5,485 of 6,444

Quote:
ninja scroll,  akira , ghost in the shell , devil man , fist of the north star alway loved watching these anime movies guess i will browse this thread and see what
what recomended,great thread
biggrin.gif

Those are real similar to the tastes of one of my good friends.  From what he's seen and liked, I would suggest the first Rurouni Kenshin OAV, Shigirui: Death Frenzy (series), and I think he was interested in Basilisk too, but I'm not sure he's had a chance to see the entire series.

Nov 3, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #5,486 of 6,444
Anyone watching Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)? I only heard of it from a friend a few days ago and I'm loving it.

It's about anti-social boy who likes to see himself as an 'observer' noting down everything of interest into his phone diary. Some crazy stuff with a imaginary God friend leads to his phone diary starting to post ahead of him into the future, which changes according to his actions. It's later revealed that there are 12 diary users in total, all with differing types of diary posts that tell the future (eg. posts about your surroundings, posts about someone's condition, posts about police cases, etc.). Everyone is to eliminate (kill/destroy) each other so that they can become the next God in a game of wits.
Oh and the boy teams up with a yandere stalker girl. Awesome.

Maybe I just have a thing for yanderes (School Days and part of Shuffle come to mind). o_O

Nov 4, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #5,487 of 6,444
I'm keeping up with Mirai Nikki and enjoying it.  Yuno is one crazy b****.

Nov 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #5,489 of 6,444

Quote:
Anyone watching Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)? I only heard of it from a friend a few days ago and I'm loving it.

It's about anti-social boy who likes to see himself as an 'observer' noting down everything of interest into his phone diary. Some crazy stuff with a imaginary God friend leads to his phone diary starting to post ahead of him into the future, which changes according to his actions. It's later revealed that there are 12 diary users in total, all with differing types of diary posts that tell the future (eg. posts about your surroundings, posts about someone's condition, posts about police cases, etc.). Everyone is to eliminate (kill/destroy) each other so that they can become the next God in a game of wits.
Oh and the boy teams up with a yandere stalker girl. Awesome.

Maybe I just have a thing for yanderes (School Days and part of Shuffle come to mind). o_O

Read the manga, great read. Very very confusing though. The show's fairly close to the manga's plot as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back