Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jan 7, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #2,806 of 6,444
Overrated would be Code Geass. lol

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #2,807 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by fenixdown110 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WHAT?!?! i had no preconceptions going into that show, watched it entirely cause i saw that Thora did it, and the screenshot looked cool :p and i loved it, it might even be my new favorite, well at least tied with Raxephon and Evangelion. Next youre gonna tell me those are overrated too lol

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #2,808 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT?!?! i had no preconceptions going into that show, watched it entirely cause i saw that Thora did it, and the screenshot looked cool :p and i loved it, it might even be my new favorite, well at least tied with Raxephon and Evangelion. Next youre gonna tell me those are overrated too lol

I actually prefer Code Geass over those shows, as far as the 1st season goes anyway.

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #2,809 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You should see how many fanboys swear over it. It's sickening. lol Evangelion IS overrated, even more so. haha RahXephon, not so much. I'm assuming you like mech themes. If you liked all those, you should check out Reideen, Burst Angel, Escaflowne(a classic and well deserved of being overrated.
smily_headphones1.gif
), Eureka seveN, Full Metal Panic series, Macross Frontier and Zero(along with everything else.
wink.gif
), Gundam 00(among the many), Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Sousei no Aquarion, and the Vandread series. Good luck with all that.
biggrin.gif

btw, Thora needs to finish the damn projects they started before moving on to new ones! I am happy that they started GITS: SAC and Darker than Black though.
k701smile.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #2,810 of 6,444
Quote:

R2 is undoubtedly overrated.
The first was pretty good though.

Speaking of overrated, how about that GitS
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #2,811 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
R2 is undoubtedly overrated.
The first was pretty good though.

Speaking of overrated, how about that GitS
wink.gif

I agree with you there. R2 is definitely more overrated than the first. And because of it's reputation, a season 3 is slated for production.
rolleyes.gif
And manga too...

hahahaha You know it!
biggrin.gif
It's one of the more intellectually deep series that I love.

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #2,812 of 6,444
Quote:

I agree with you there. R2 is definitely more overrated than the first. And because of it's reputation, a season 3 is slated for production.
rolleyes.gif
And manga too...

hahahaha You know it!
biggrin.gif
It's one of the more intellectually deep series that I love.

I actually liked R2 more than the first season. More fun to watch, I think. Code Geass isn't especially deep anime, but it's still pretty good (IMO better than even more overrated, at last over here in Poland, Death Note).

Jan 7, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #2,813 of 6,444
haha R2 was definitely not as good as the first season but still good enough, and even averaging the two together its still way up there. i know alot of people think evangelion is overrate im just not one of them :p but how could anyone say raxephon is overrated??? deathnote i agree on, the only reason i watched it was so i could more appropriately make fun of it.

and im not a fan of mech anime's, i dont think that evangelion or raxephon are mech animes, they just happen to have mechs in them. And code geass definitely isnt a mech anime. though i do like bubblegum crisis 2040...itll always have a sweet spot in my heart as the first anime i watched, though concurrently with escaflowne, which i also love
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #2,814 of 6,444
I've had debates about Evangelion with folks. I think there's a lot of merit in the show, the problem I see is what it's become as far as over-marketed over-merchandised insanity. I love the show...I'm a big fan...but no one really needs a life-size real doll of Rei.

Deathnote cracks me up. Actually it's more the fans that I know that crack me up.

As far as what I'm enjoying, I finally got around to starting Eden of the East. Liking that a lot right now. Also watching K-On for like the third time. It's just too entertaining.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #2,816 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had debates about Evangelion with folks. I think there's a lot of merit in the show, the problem I see is what it's become as far as over-marketed over-merchandised insanity. I love the show...I'm a big fan...but no one really needs a life-size real doll of Rei.

Deathnote cracks me up. Actually it's more the fans that I know that crack me up.

As far as what I'm enjoying, I finally got around to starting Eden of the East. Liking that a lot right now. Also watching K-On for like the third time. It's just too entertaining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sombody mention Evangelion? Saw this in an ESP catalog today and it made me chuckle

rei_viper.jpg

Speaking of over-merchandising... headphones anyone?
manga_2.jpg

manga_3.jpg

btw, NOT mine.

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM Post #2,818 of 6,444
If you want decent anime related headphones, just get Mio's K701's.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #2,819 of 6,444
Quote:

What I would like to add is that you have to pay though. It's stupid if you think about it since you're paying to watch TV rips that haven't even been licensed yet. There are several groups who rip CrunchyRoll airings for the benefit of everyone and making them free again. If you do enjoy the series after watching them, go buy it. I dislike having to pay twice for something.

I'm currently paying US$6.95/month (that's about two average Starbucks coffees!) to get many of the very latest anime from Japan in English-subtitled form from Crunchyroll. And since I recently upgraded my Internet download speed to 6 megabits per second, I also enjoy watching the shows at 720p resolution for the latest shows, too. Shows like the recently completed The Book of Bantorra look spectacular at 720p resolution.
good2.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2,820 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently paying US$6.95/month (that's about two average Starbucks coffees!) to get many of the very latest anime from Japan in English-subtitled form from Crunchyroll. And since I recently upgraded my Internet download speed to 6 megabits per second, I also enjoy watching the shows at 720p resolution for the latest shows, too. Shows like the recently completed The Book of Bantorra look spectacular at 720p resolution.
good2.gif

However, you're not paying for official versions that you can keep. Several groups are ripping those 720p series for everyone for free which you download for archiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back