Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jul 8, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #2,506 of 6,444
Finally got around to watching the first half of Eureka Seven. I find myself liking the Gekko crew a little less and Ray/Charels a lot more. Also Renton in the beginning is made of naivete and fail.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #2,508 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm I think I saw Eureka Seven. It must not have left much of an impression because all I remember is that they like surfed in the air. I don't know if I finished it or not.

durp

If you don't like sappy coming-of-age stories, you probably went "cool air battles bro" and then dropped it.

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #2,511 of 6,444
eden of the east is very nice as well
biggrin.gif

Jul 11, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #2,513 of 6,444
Spoilers down thar regarding haruhi S2.

OH MY GOD THEY ARE AIRING ENDLESS EIGHT AGAIN NEXT WEEK WTFBBQ RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Kyoani back to uber trolling I see.

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #2,515 of 6,444
It's alright, seems like there'll be at least a few good shows this season.

Watching:
Tokyo magnitude 8.0
Haruhi season 2
Wolf and spices season 2
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Umeniko no naku koro
Bakemonogatari

Jul 11, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #2,516 of 6,444
Been a fan of anime since Saturday Anime was on Scifi when I was super young. Ive seen a LOT of anime but my favorites right now are:

Haibane Renmei
AIR
Juuni Kokuki (Twelve Kingdoms)
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Spice and Wolf
Eden of the East
Code Geass (not a fan of the artwork style as a newer CLAMP but the story is amazing)
On Your Mark (music video made by Ghibli)
Ghost in the Shell (first movie, havent seen the full series yet)
Place Promised in our Early Days
Iria Zeriem the Animation

Ive seen a ton more but these are my standouts.

Just for fun my meager figure collection
IMG_0927.jpg

Just ordered the newest Japanese only MOE Horo Spice and Wolf figurine a couple weeks back. They havent been shipped yet but once they do Ill have pictures online (maybe not here though lol).

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #2,517 of 6,444
whoa, looks like the thread really stalled for a good while

Here is what I settled with for the third quarter of this year:

Umi Monogatari
Faito Ippatsu Juden Chan
CANAAN
NEEDLESS
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Kanamemo
Yokuwakaru Gendai Mahou
Bakemonogatari
Taishou Yakyuu Musume
Sora no Manimani
Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Spice & Wolf 2
Aoi Hana

The obvious standouts to me were Bakemonogatari, CANAAN, Zetsubou Sensei and Aoi Hana. I was lured into Umi Monogatari believing that it would be another feel-good iyashikei to yuri type of deal, only to find out it was a Mahou Shujo series in disguise. Depending on where it goes from there I may or may not continue watching it. Easily takes the cake for the best looking opening sequence though. The very first minute into it oddly reminded me of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.

Speaking of which, Daphne would be my next recommendation for appophylite in case he needed one; it would almost be like a testament to your willingness to endure awkward drawing and even stranger clothing for the sake of superb plot and storytelling. One of the best endings ever, really.

Jul 13, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #2,520 of 6,444
I barely got through the first season of Haruhi. Ive never seen a show with so many fillers in my life (seen in broadcast order). The last 5 or so broadcast episodes were great, but 5 great of 15 makes for the most fillers EVAR and my patience barely held on, bleh. This is from a guy whos favorite series ever is Haibane =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back