Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
May 19, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #1,381 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Moribito : Guardian of the Sacred Spirit' is a gorgeous anime, a bit slow paced but that's ok.

where can you download the series? can't find it anywhere. it's only 26ep, so i can watch it pretty quickly.

May 19, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #1,382 of 6,444
Death Note is pure awesomeness, love the cat and mouse games. Light is the best character ever and I could really identify with him. Too bad I've already read the entire manga series.

Monster is great too, already read that too though.

The only anime I follow at the moment is Code Geass, reminds me somewhat of Death Note but with mechs.

Intelligent writing is what matters most to me in any story. I want to be outsmarted by the writers, too bad that rarely happens. But when it does I'm in awe and get chills down my spine
biggrin.gif

Any other pieces of truly intelligent storytelling? Regardless of the medium, books, anime, manga, TV, movies, whatever? Stuff that makes you go "WOW, I didn't think of that, but it's amazingly smart"! Please gimme a PM if you come to think of something I might enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #1,383 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_the_membrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Death Note is pure awesomeness, love the cat and mouse games. Light is the best character ever and I could really identify with him. Too bad I've already read the entire manga series.

Monster is great too, already read that too though.

The only anime I follow at the moment is Code Geass, reminds me somewhat of Death Note but with mechs.

Intelligent writing is what matters most to me in any story. I want to be outsmarted by the writers, too bad that rarely happens. But when it does I'm in awe and get chills down my spine
biggrin.gif

Any other pieces of truly intelligent storytelling? Regardless of the medium, books, anime, manga, TV, movies, whatever? Stuff that makes you go "WOW, I didn't think of that, but it's amazingly smart"! Please gimme a PM if you come to think of something I might enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

I gotta say, Code Geass is really good at catching me by surprise.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 21, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #1,384 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just love mechs for life

/m/

Definitely try
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

then!

By Gainax, and it's up to the 8th Episode. It had a very formulaic start with homages all over the place, but then in typical Gainax fashion it goes over the top and hits you in the gut - until you realize that gut hit is an homage too, very clever! One of my fave "giant robot" animes so far!

Oh, for this and Moribito, just google it and places should pop up - discussions of where to find aren't allowed here methinks?

May 23, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #1,387 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely try
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

You were right about Moribito, so I'll give this one a try as well, despite Gainax track record as of late (Magical Shopping District and Ugly/Beautiful World = meh).

May 23, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #1,388 of 6,444
I don't see why we shouldn't discuss where to get the stuff. It is broadcast tv, after all.

May 24, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #1,389 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't see why we shouldn't discuss where to get the stuff. It is broadcast tv, after all.

That might be a bit of a grey area. If I remember correctly, it is legal to download anime in the US as long as it's not been licensed yet. I could be wrong though.

May 24, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #1,390 of 6,444
I don't see the difference between my friend's friend recording last week's episode of The Shield and then passing it to me. These are not dvds for sale.

May 24, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #1,391 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That might be a bit of a grey area. If I remember correctly, it is legal to download anime in the US as long as it's not been licensed yet. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I've read that US distributors are generally OK with downloading fansubs of unreleased stuff, because it's promotion for them, and apparently many fansub producers pull their stuff once there is an official US release, to avoid conflict in this area. But in theory international copyright law should still prohibit watching the show if you didn't record it yourself. So... it's a grey area! But discussion might get this thread locked, so courteous PM might be the way to go.

May 24, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #1,392 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ep.8 was pure AWESOME!

Truth! That is now in my top 5 favorite episodes of any series, so much BURNING COURAGE and what an ending!

May 25, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #1,395 of 6,444

Users who are viewing this thread

Back