Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 14, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #661 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
You know you can download the mangas online right?

Yup, just got 303.
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #662 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by K2Grey
I watched Escaflowne fairly recently. It was good, but not spectacular (IMHO). But my definitions of good and spectacular may not be the same as others'.

I watched it some time ago and I completely agree.

Apr 14, 2006 at 10:13 AM Post #663 of 6,444
I finally got around to watching the first episode of the new Hellsing OVA. Somehow I think they managed to make it even more violent than the first series.
biggrin.gif

Other than that, I really haven't been watching any anime lately. My friend recently gave me a crapload of stuff to watch, but it's all in the h.264 codec, which runs like molasses on my computer. I still keep up with a few manga (namely Bleach, Naruto, and Death Note), but that's it.

Apr 14, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #665 of 6,444
Whatever, Sachiko =P

Apr 14, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #666 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmimp
Other than that, I really haven't been watching any anime lately. My friend recently gave me a crapload of stuff to watch, but it's all in the h.264 codec, which runs like molasses on my computer. I still keep up with a few manga (namely Bleach, Naruto, and Death Note), but that's it.

Need to update your codecs?
confused.gif

Nice to know someone else is reading Death Note also, I'm hoping they come to some conclusion soon.

Apr 30, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #667 of 6,444
There is this series called Ouran High School Host Club which is pretty funny. Lighthearted entertainment about a girl who has to dress up as a guy and play host for girls at a high school for rich people in order to repay a debt. Very simple and nothing new but just pretty funny.

And to second ooheadsoo's recommendation from one of the earlier posts, Zipang is really good. One of the best shows I've seen in a while.

May 1, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #668 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda
There is this series called Ouran High School Host Club which is pretty funny. Lighthearted entertainment about a girl who has to dress up as a guy and play host for girls at a high school for rich people in order to repay a debt. Very simple and nothing new but just pretty funny.

I also like it, but then again I like any and all school-related shows
tongue.gif

...and remember it was because she got gum in her hair :p...

and as for that, 2 of the best screencaps evaaaarrrr

vlcsnap-64947.png

vlcsnap-65124.png

I also started watching "Gakuen Heaven" and it's about a mediocre guy who is accepted into a prestigious all-boys school and it's about him having to run away from a bunch of guys that like him, basically.

May 1, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #669 of 6,444
I watched the first 4 (subbed) episodes of The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzumiya aka Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu from animesuki. Amazing. If you are burnt out on anime, watch this, at least the first TWO episodes. I can't wait for number 5.

May 1, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #671 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
I almost finished rurouni kenshin, the last episodes are disappointing.

Yeah the last 30 episodes unfortunately deviate from the manga.
mad.gif

Anyone notice the new film Tales from Earthsea? Based on the series Earthsea and directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son Goro Miyazaki.
icon10.gif

May 1, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #675 of 6,444
Haven't read it myself, but from what I know it's really good. It goes into Kenshin's past and he finally has to deal with what he did. If I remember correctly at the end of the Shishio arc in the anime Kenshin goes to a grave, but I don't remember if they actually said who it was. If you've seen the OVA then you know whose grave it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back