Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Mar 28, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #4,157 of 6,444

Quote:
Yay, felt like making an account for anime-planet and finally did today.

Fun times!  I pinged you over there. 
beerchug.gif

In other news, finally finished Macross Frontier this last weekend.  Liked it a lot, but find the entire love triangle emotionally frustrating for some reason.  This happens to me in most Macross stories though, so no big surprise.

Mar 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #4,160 of 6,444

Quote:
Fun times!  I pinged you over there. 
beerchug.gif

In other news, finally finished Macross Frontier this last weekend.  Liked it a lot, but find the entire love triangle emotionally frustrating for some reason.  This happens to me in most Macross stories though, so no big surprise.

Have you watched the first Macross Frontier movie Equus?

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #4,161 of 6,444

Quote:
Have you watched the first Macross Frontier movie Equus?

Nope I haven't yet.  I have it, but was probably going to watch it sometime this week or this weekend.  I've also been completely spoiled on the ending of the second movie, and doubt it will make me less emotionally conflicted.  LOL  Though it seems like there are so many changes and tweaks that it can only really be taken as the alternate retelling that some bill it as.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #4,163 of 6,444
well i just finished watching the original bubblegum crisis. and ive got to say, it was pretty worthless. 2040 was one of the first "real" animes i ever watched, so its got a fond spot in my heart, but the original had no story at all really. there was no serious antagonists, and no overarching story...

though it was funny looking at what they thought the future would be like back in the 80's lol

now to decide what to watch next

Edit: I decided to start watching Macross Frontier, ive had it on my hard drive for like a year now, got it from THORA. watched the first 14 episodes, pretty good so far, definitely better than Bubblegum Crisis...

Edit 2: Finished Macross Frontier. also i was rooting for Sheryl the whole time 
tongue.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #4,164 of 6,444
If we're saying enjoying, I enjoyed my recent finishing up of ToraDora!, Clannad After Story, and Shinryaku! Ika Musume. I'm watching Yosuga no Sora right now, and well...I'll get back to everyone on that.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #4,165 of 6,444
I've got a more technical question for you fine ladies/gents. A couple months ago my poor laptop just up and decided to quit playing even 720p video well. just one day it would play 720 fine, the next it wouldnt, using the same files. And it could never play 1080p files. so rather than buy a new computer, since the only thing i do with it is music and the internet, and then HD Anime. i figured i should buy one of those media extender dealies.

Anyone hear using the Popcorn Hour for watching anime? my only worry is that anime encoders typically use alot of stuff ahead of the curve, and being that it's a hardware solution it may not always be able to play everything. like all the fancy subs, and ordered chapters and such? and i would really like to be able to do 1080p anime which ive never been able to do.

thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #4,166 of 6,444

Quote:
well i just finished watching the original bubblegum crisis. and ive got to say, it was pretty worthless. 2040 was one of the first "real" animes i ever watched, so its got a fond spot in my heart, but the original had no story at all really. there was no serious antagonists, and no overarching story...

though it was funny looking at what they thought the future would be like back in the 80's lol

now to decide what to watch next

Edit: I decided to start watching Macross Frontier, ive had it on my hard drive for like a year now, got it from THORA. watched the first 14 episodes, pretty good so far, definitely better than Bubblegum Crisis...

Edit 2: Finished Macross Frontier. also i was rooting for Sheryl the whole time 
tongue.gif

I was rooting for Ranka.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #4,169 of 6,444

Quote:
Fractale was -ok- but it wasted lots of potential. Wandering son was great.

I couldn't agree anymore.
Fractale could be much better given its settings and storyline but in the end just turned out to be 'not bad'..
While Wandering Son is to me, the best of Jan and do stand a chance if I'm going to list out my top10 so far.

Just finished up Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, not bad actually..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back