Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Mar 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #4,144 of 6,444
Finished rewatching Prince of Tennis
Now starting Dan Doh!! and it has been pretty interesting but seems kind of slow
Im on ep 4 and they've gone like three holes (its about golf)..just hope it doesnt turn out to be like overdrive and one game is like the whole series

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #4,145 of 6,444
I finally watched Gunslinger Girls, after buying it during that huge Amazon Funimation blu ray sale that happened like last september. And at first i wasnt very impressed, the second episode re-used a truckload of animation from the first episode. But it turned out that my fears were unfounded, and the show actually turned out pretty awesome. I liked taht the show is deeper than it appears on the surface, alot of interesting ethical/moral issues are brought up.

though it still doesnt rank in my elite anime list...

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:18 PM Post #4,146 of 6,444

Quote:
I loved Akagi as well. Akagi and Kaiji are two of my favorite animes.

Oh yeah. And One Outs as well. I love those three so much and can't wait for the second season of Kaiji.

So... I watched Mnemosyne which was really really awesome. I loved how dark it was and the soundtrack is just amazing.

Finishing up Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. and will be moving on to the second season in a few days. Did I mention the soundtrack is ridiculously good?

Finally still watching Pulla Magica Madoka Magica and anxiously waiting for the 11th episode. I truly agree with it's comparisons to Evangelion. It's also similar to Bokurano.

If anyone wants to see my list please feel free to do so here:
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/SorBlade15

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #4,149 of 6,444
Holy crap.. How come I didn't discover this thread earlier==

Nowadays I only managed to keep up with those on-airing, maybe I'm just too greedy to watch most of them. But anyway maybe now its a chance to dig something out from my external harddisks..sigh

Oh ya, my most favourite for this season is Hourou Musuko..

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #4,150 of 6,444

Quote:
Holy crap.. How come I didn't discover this thread earlier==

Nowadays I only managed to keep up with those on-airing, maybe I'm just too greedy to watch most of them. But anyway maybe now its a chance to dig something out from my external harddisks..sigh

Oh ya, my most favourite for this season is Hourou Musuko..

you gotta love the internet don't you. without it i probably wouldn't like anime today.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #4,151 of 6,444

Quote:
you gotta love the internet don't you. without it i probably wouldn't like anime today.
biggrin.gif

Internet has already became something like drinking water to me, its essential rather than love/hate..

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #4,152 of 6,444
Just watched the first 7 episodes of VanDread on hulu last night. A nice light fun action mecha, typical of the genre but enjoyable thus far.

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #4,153 of 6,444

Quote:
... nice light fun action mecha, typical of the genre but enjoyable thus far.

That about sums up most of the series.  There's some "coming of age" themes to it, unsurprisingly, so there is some substance in later episodes, but for the most part you can probably just expect a fun ride and nothing that will cause spiritual epiphanies.  ^_^

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #4,155 of 6,444

Quote:
Started Whistle and so far so good..Im in a sports anime mood recently 

The manga was very nice indeed. In fact it educated me basic knowledge and strategies about football.
Had taken a peek at the anime long ago, its a pity that seems its only half or even less of the whole storyline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back