Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Sep 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #3,631 of 6,444

Quote:

Can't believe I forgot Strawberry Panic! That was a lot of fun. I'm a big fan of the evil duo Kaname x Momomi.

I definitely prefer Maria-sama ga Miteru though. In fact, Marimite is my favorite anime of all time. Season 4 was pure tsundere fueled win.

Marimite was really good, though I felt most of the relationships weren't really yuri. I freaking loved Sei though, probably one of my favorite characters ever.

I think my favorite yuri series was probably Candy Boy. It's easily one of the most aimless series I've ever seen, but there's just something about it I love. Although reading the description for it you'd think it would be a lot more sleazy than it is. lol.

Sep 27, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #3,632 of 6,444

Quote:
Marimite was really good, though I felt most of the relationships weren't really yuri.

I beg to to differ. 
smile.gif

To each their own, as they say.

Sep 29, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #3,633 of 6,444
I watched the first episode of Simoun. Between the art and the music I can tell I'm in for a real treat. I just have a feeling it's going to end up being pretty sad.
frown.gif

Sep 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #3,634 of 6,444

Quote:
I watched the first episode of Simoun. Between the art and the music I can tell I'm in for a real treat. I just have a feeling it's going to end up being pretty sad.
frown.gif

Yeah, there's always the threat of death and "the fate worse than death" i.e. the character you like turning into a guy.

Hearing that girl crying after she becomes a guy in the first episode is pretty heart-wrenching. 
redface.gif
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #3,635 of 6,444
Simoun definitely doesn't set itself up to be a real "hopeful" storyline.  Even if you take the whole turning into a guy thing out of the equation. 
wink_face.gif

...course, they all still end up with alto or female baritone voices...must put a little bit of a constraint on the type of Broadway musicals they can do.

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #3,637 of 6,444

Quote:
...course, they all still end up with alto or female baritone voices...must put a little bit of a constraint on the type of Broadway musicals they can do.

Anime sure loves its androgyny! In some anime I can't even tell who's supposed to be male... 

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #3,638 of 6,444

Quote:

I'd personally go with that on both sides, since it's simpler and I think the other mock-up designs make it look a little busy.  I tend to go with simplicity however, so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote:

Anime sure loves its androgyny! In some anime I can't even tell who's supposed to be male... 

No joke!  That kinda bleeds over into the overly bishounen video game characters too...or the downright traps and reverse traps.  One funny thing on the kinda flip side happened because I listen to Japanese VA and I have gotten used to hearing female seiyuu playing the roles of young men or boys.  Then there was a little girl character in an episode that I swore was a little boy because of the design, then the other characters started referring to the character as "her" and I got all confused.

Oct 3, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #3,641 of 6,444
I've been chugging through Simoun very slowly, but I really like it. Finished episode 8, and I did not expect the priestess girl to go crazy.
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #3,643 of 6,444
I don't like surprises in yuri. lol.

Like that Kuttsukiboshi, I was going to watch that, but... The surprise... No.

Oct 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #3,644 of 6,444

Quote:
I've been chugging through Simoun very slowly, but I really like it. Finished episode 8, and I did not expect the priestess girl to go crazy.
frown.gif

I don't like (and tend to stay away from) most animes for a variety of reasons, but Simoun really ranks among the cream of the crop for anime series. It's certainly quite slow paced, and different from what people are used to, but I found it to be a fascinating series.

Oct 4, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #3,645 of 6,444

I'm so glad Simoun is getting a little more love!

Quote:
I don't like surprises in yuri. lol.

Like that Kuttsukiboshi, I was going to watch that, but... The surprise... No.

Yes... yuri fans and "surprises" don't get along too well. Usually because said "surprises" turn out to be futa, ghost tentacles, jealous murderous boyfriends of days gone by, yuri-related blindness, and in one case a girl becoming her lover's unborn child. 
blink.gif

(and no, none of that is from hentai, but "maintream" yuri)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back