Ants in my Stax: should I worry?
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #78 of 106
They certainly put a dent in my listening appetite. I've not used my SR-009 at all the entire last week, but I've briefly listened from my iphone using Westone's UM3X IEMs on a couple of occasions.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #82 of 106
I was just in India for a couple of months and I found that the ants there really do love electronics.  Apparently some glue used in electronics has a sweet odor/taste which draws ants to your favorite computers, AC units, and slippers.  Nothing funnier than watching ants pick apart a pair of sandals for the glue.  Electronics, well that would not be so funny.  These manufacturers need to stop using the Hubba Bubba flavored glue.

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #83 of 106
Quote:
As a female Stax owner, I'm haunted by thoughts of both centipedes and ants.

I wonder if there's another invertebrate that us guys should be haunted by besides the ants...

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #84 of 106
Quote:

I wonder if there's another invertebrate that us guys should be haunted by besides the ants...

I think some guys should be just as worried about those centipedes, though for other reasons...

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #85 of 106
Quote:
I think some guys should be just as worried about those centipedes, though for other reasons...

eek.gif

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #86 of 106
Jun 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #88 of 106
Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif

I'll never forget the beach party I was at where this guy wearing nothing but a sarong got bit on his nuts by a centipede. He proceeded to drink and dance all night, that was about the only solution for him until he passed out.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #89 of 106
Quote:
I'll never forget the beach party I was at where this guy wearing nothing but a sarong got bit on his nuts by a centipede. He proceeded to drink and dance all night, that was about the only solution for him until he passed out.

I was think something more along these lines...

EDIT:  Immediately after posting this I almost swallowed a shard of plastic from an ice tray that got in to my water and seriously freaked myself out.  Be careful of everyday situations...

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #90 of 106

Users who are viewing this thread

Back