Anti-Cables Appreciation thread
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 25
How can you charge over $100 for a cable that uses phono connectors costing less than £1?

Mar 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #18 of 25
they are ok - nothing more - all of my good IC's where better - had MIT shotgun S1, nordost heimdall ( here I wouldn't be to sure - not to flat FR with them :/ - but clarity and all the rest very good ), abbey road reference ( they are reference but bit bright sounding - not a downside, depend on rig ), chord signature and in the end APSv3 ( great IC for the price ) and tested much more

anty IC's are quite neutral and as said before with kind of grey like sounding treble ( making music sounding bit flat and without emotions ), got to agree that bas doesn't go to low with them either - but on the other hand those are not really big downsides at this price point - but wouldn't hipe them to much - just ok IC nothing special

Mar 27, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #20 of 25
being so thick and such, they remind me of coat hangers.

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #21 of 25
I do like the performance of the anti-cables (a-c) IC and did a review on a bunch of IC with them, and they performed very well.

Mini-Review ALO SXC XLR balanced interconnects vs Anti-Cables XLR, mmwwhats "Whirly Wisp", and generic Mogami starquad & SPC - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

They have a nice clean transparent and neutral sound, which seems to add or subtract very little from the sound. They are definitely stiff and difficult to route in my system. Out of my PS Audio Digital Link III DAC I use an a-c XLR to feed an Isomax XLR-RCA transformer, and then a-c RCA to run from the Isomax to my Woo GES. Then I use a second a-c RCA to run from the DAC to my ALO Amphora. (so one pair XLR and two pair RCA)

I slightly preferred the ALO SXC interconnects in my review, and I use them in my balanced bedroom rig with the ALO SXC XLR from Apogee mini-DAC into Single Power Square Wave XL, and an ALO SXC mini-RCA to feed my Woo WA6 from the Apogee. Then I use RCA loop out with an SXC IC to a small speaker amp and Stax transformer. I am still not sure the ALO are worth 3x the cost of the anti-cables, but it's that last 5% you pay so much for.

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #23 of 25
  So guys if someone can tell me... What is the main signature of sound in this cables? Thin, thick, dark, bright, wide, slow, fast? How about the soundstage?

They are totally transparent - no sound signature at all.  No lie.  They come extremely close to some ALO SXC cables that cost 4-5x as much.

Did you see my post right above yours (from 2009)?

Feb 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #24 of 25

They are totally transparent - no sound signature at all.  No lie.  They come extremely close to some ALO SXC cables that cost 4-5x as much.

Did you see my post right above yours (from 2009)?

Yeah man srry I didn't looked at this. Well. Ok. You say transparent. Good. It always something. Which cans you use?

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #25 of 25

Yeah man srry I didn't looked at this. Well. Ok. You say transparent. Good. It always something. Which cans you use?

I use the Anti-cables RCA running from my Perfectwave DAC Mk2 to an Eddie Current ZDT amp, driving modded D7000, HF-2, HE-500, LCD-2, and HD800.  In that same rig I use Anti-cables XLR from the Perfectwave DAC to a custom built DIYBlue Hawaii stat amp to drive Stax SR-007 and SR-009 or Sennheiser HE-60's.

In the bedroom rig I use my ALO SXC RCA and XLR cables from either my Stello DA-100 Signature or Nuforce DAC-100 into amps like my Woo WA6, HAP-100, DACmini, F-35 Lightning, and a DIY KGSS amp.  I use the same headphones in both rooms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back