anthony gallo nucleus and a'diva as stereo?
Feb 15, 2009 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oldson

1000+ Head-Fier
just wondering if these speakers are any good as standalone (no sub) stereo speakers?
on low budget equipment (cdp and amp).
only to be used at low/med volume levels. (no bassheads, to listen)
their size is the most important factor.
cheers

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 8
No they'll be tinny. No +/- spec so that frequency reponse is useless. A 3" in such a tiny cab isn't going to have response down to 88hz, more like 160hz. Adiva will have better frequency response. I'd say suitable as rears set to small.

Do not set to large unless you want to blow them up. I think they don't even have crossovers.

Feb 15, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 8
thats a shame but what i expected.
i need a set of stereo speakers, max height of 175mm (including any feet).
proving very difficult to find.
cheers anyway.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 8
Say What??? Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference lll , does NOT need a sub. Its the best sounding speaker i have heard under $5000 usd.
Better than a set of $4000 B&W tower speakers i heard on the same system in imaging .

You can add an amplifier to the woofer and use it as a subwoofer. They sell an amp and crossover for that purpose.
They are my favorite speaker in my affordable range, someday.

Sure you can add a sub, but it doesnt need one. If you can buy a set, then buy it, because as i said, theyre my favorite speaker under $5000. Maybe my favorite period for my use and taste.

I wouldnt use it with cheap equipment though. Get some Epos speakers or Energy for that.
Depends what you mean by cheap equipment.

Feb 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Well if its just a sphere alone, it depends what youre listening to. For just a pc speaker you can get away with it, otherwise youll need a sub. The small SVS model is nice for the money.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #8 of 8
its just for "her indoors" to use with my old yam multi-disk and denon pma-250se amp.
she hates loud music, and bass!
i wanted something small enough (in height) to go under my tele, in the AV stand. cant find much of a suitable size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back