Another (West)one Bites the Dust
Apr 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

craiglester

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I suppose it had to happen, 

my final pair of Westone's failed today..

Fisrt my W3's failed (intermittent sound) - replaced under warranty for a cable issue..

Then the replacement W3's (now out of warranty) - failed (intermittent sound) because of a cable issue..(quoted $200 for a new pair as they don't repair them)

Then today, the one pair that you'd think couldn't fail, and not for a cable issue, failed. Yep My ES3X's left earpiece failed today, I wish that had been a cable issue :wink:

I'm surprised that the fault (intermittent sound - a wiring issue I'll bet) could happen inside the earpiece where there's NO tension on the wires at all. And yes, i tested the cable switched sides etc.. its the earpiece.

I'm wary of sending them in for repair without an estimate of the cost, which is what I was asked to do, and i'm a little concerned that even with a fairly hefty repair cost, i'm just delaying the inevitable again.

Anyone else had this issue with Westone stuff? Great sound, iffy wiring?

Is there any IEM manufacturer with a warranty like Koss - Lifetime warranty, with a small processing fee?

I take good care of my IEM's (they get used daily), but I can't shell out the money repair them right now, I wish I could. (I got these as a gift and I cannot afford the repair costs to be honest.)

I guess it's onto the Porta Pro's for a while, until I can save enough to either repair or reshell the 3's and ES3X's 

Sorry, had a bad day, had to vent a bit.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 7
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I have had problems out of the RE-0's and the nozzle snapping on my IE8's, but still good to go with my W4R's. Reading this kinda has me a little paranoid, now. Good luck getting the issue resolved.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 7
Yeah I thought the ES3X with a removable cable meant the end of wiring issues.. lol Not for me.. Jinxed.

I'm ordering some cheap buds from amazon, least when they break i'm not gonna be as upset as I was yesterday.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Jeez... as a soon to be owner of a pair of ES5s that are coming to me in a few weeks, I can't say this news pleases me at all :/ 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back