Another vancouver meet?
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2006 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 102

Clutz

Tells us when we're offset.
Anyone up for another Vancouver meet? I didn't make the last one and I'd like to get to hear some other equipment - particularly some higher end grados.

I can bring with me a PPA v2 with OPA627/637 opamps powered by a TREAD, a Millett Hybrid with Stencheins Diamond Buffers and 12FK6 tubes (I have 12AE6A's as well, but adjusting the bias is a pain in the ass), also powered by a tread (though it may be a step-ified TREAD by that point), possibly a DIY Dynalo, an Alien DAC, dsavitsk's NONOS TDA1541A USB DAC. I'm also working on designing my own higher end USB, which may be ready - but I doubt it. I also have a PINT built by cire I can bring.

As far as headphones are concerned, I have my AKG K701s, K26Ps, K24Ps, and Sennheiser HD580 and HD595s.

If this happens, I doubt I'll bring anything - cause it'd be a qiute a bit of stuff to drag around - esp. when a lot of it isn't really properly cased up.

Anyway, I just thought I'd put the suggestion out there.

May 30, 2006 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 102
I'd be interested. I'm still burning from missing what looked like a good meet only a few months ago.

I'd love to hear your K701's.

I'm new to this, but I guess I could bring anything anyone had of interest of mine....
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 102
If it doesn't mess with provincials, I'm up for one. My equipment list has expanded significantly, and might expand some more by the time this comes to pass.

K271S, DT770-600, EW9, E2c's, MH + TREAD, PA2V2...

I want to hear me some more woodies!

Jun 5, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #5 of 102
Depending on when it is and whether it conflicts with anything i'm in.

Jun 6, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
i'd be up for that

i'd probably my ES7s and a couple pairs of eggos (gotta decide among 6 pairs!
eggosmile.gif
)

Bring them all
icon10.gif
!

Jun 6, 2006 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 102
I'd be in if it works out to be on a weekend. I should have all my gear here within another month.

Try and set a date and I'll do my best to come.
3000smile.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
If it doesn't mess with provincials, I'm up for one. My equipment list has expanded significantly, and might expand some more by the time this comes to pass.

Then it would definitly have to be late July or August.
Thank god my provincials end at June 28th... I think.

Hahaha, will we interfere with the official Canadian meet?
rolleyes.gif

I think it should be at SFU again... but I assume we would have to find someone who attends there who could rent out a room?

IF this happens, I'd be happy to help in organizing the meet.

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 102
How'bout we get Clutz to rent out a UBC room? One of those rennovated main library (Chapman learning center I think?) study rooms should be nice
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 102
I can take a look into it. It would be convienient for me - that's where most of my material is But, a weekend in July or August *could* be difficult for me. I expect to be in the lab 8-10 hours a day for July and August everyday

Jun 9, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #13 of 102
sounds great. Any weekend is fine for me, except for the Driven To Perform Vancouver weekend (June 24).

Even though I didn't go to SFU the past year, I'm still technically an SFU student (I didn't inform them of my absence). I should be able to book a room if anyone can provide a date.

UBC sounds also sounds cool btw. I have yet to visit the rennovated library.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:38 AM Post #14 of 102
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvince
I have yet to visit the rennovated library.

It's not done right IMO. The tall, old trees around the old main library had been cut down because the person who donated the money to build it "wanted it to be seen". When asked if he wanted to be know as "the person who cuts down trees", he responded with the fact that he graduated form UBC Foresty. So I guess the answer is YES
rolleyes.gif

Also they kept the center part and just re-built the wings. The two renovated wings are suppsoed to match and preserve the look of the old center wing, but outer wall material they chose utterly failed in that respect. It now looks very mismatched and quite frankly impresses me as a failed attempt at a monument 'Las Vegas' style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back