Another technological breakthrough
Dec 5, 2006 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Leporello

500+ Head-Fier
Could this be even more significant than the Valhalla?

Quote:

<snip> the screw should be loosened about One Full Turn from the point when it is nearly tight...</snip>

Reasonable enough.

Regards,

L.

Dec 5, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 19
I like how they don't even bother coming up with some faux technological bull to explain why they work. It's just "Audiophile Duplex Covers! They work, trust us, buy them!"

I ordered a dozen.
cool.gif

Dec 5, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's resonance. Screws should never be tight because it transfers vibrations to the power cords easier. I don't use screws, I have the AC outlet taped to the wall instead.

Patrick, I'm starting to believe that you're a committed skeptic assigned by the skeptics camp to work "undercover" in the believers camp and to post outlandish statements to undermine our efforts to make our positions regarding cables and other tweaks seem reasonable.
600smile.gif

Dec 6, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick, I'm starting to believe that you're a committed skeptic assigned by the skeptics camp to work "undercover" in the believers camp and to post outlandish statements to undermine our efforts to make our positions regarding cables and other tweaks seem reasonable.
600smile.gif

I'm a skeptic and it was my plan to go undercover. People would have believed if the biggest believer suddenly says cables don't make a difference... But the plan failed since I found the truth. Most tweaks make a difference.

Dec 6, 2006 at 12:59 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

I'm a skeptic and it was my plan to go undercover. People would have believed if the biggest believer suddenly says cables don't make a difference... But the plan failed since I found the truth. Most tweaks make a difference.

You just say that to save your cover!

Dec 6, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #9 of 19
it dosnt matter, the line from the power substation isnt wired in valhalla cable.

i predict no gains because the system before it is inherently flawwed. sort of like putting a valla cable after an opamp YUCKY.

Dec 6, 2006 at 5:59 AM Post #11 of 19
Patrick82, I noticed the paper taped to your (I think) amp and source there. Is that for room reflections, or is there another reason it's there?

Dec 6, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

it dosnt matter, the line from the power substation isnt wired in valhalla cable.

Nordost should make the valhalla generator for a pure AC sine wave. It would prob be worth them making special audio grade petrol for it too.

Dec 6, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #13 of 19
Nordost should move their HQ in Patrick block, this way they could reduce the handling cost and maybe they would give their sole client a 6$ rebate!!! Oh and by moving there they would certainly love the Machina Dynamica installed all around the house.

Dec 6, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

It's resonance. Screws should never be tight because it transfers vibrations to the power cords easier. I don't use screws, I have the AC outlet taped to the wall instead.

23.JPG

partrick,
you have the scariest rig i have ever seen. do you have a rubber mat to put your chair on? i would advise it. seriously.

Dec 7, 2006 at 2:21 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick82, I noticed the paper taped to your (I think) amp and source there. Is that for room reflections, or is there another reason it's there?

That's ERS paper. Patrick started an excellent thread about it and even posted a couple of YouTube videos. The picture is old though... he uses a lot more ERS paper in his rig now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back