Another Satisfied Customer
Dec 9, 2002 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Techniques

New Head-Fier
I just wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped me a few weeks ago in trying to find the perfect headphones.

As I said a few weeks or so ago I registered an account here at head-fi and posted a thread asking for opinions on headphones that would be good for me. Well, I got allot of feedback, and I went to best buy and other stores listening to lots of headphones, I even bought a few and tried them out at home (and returned them within a few days). In the end the process became tiresome, with much guided direction from the kind folks here at head-fi, I purchased the Beyerdynamic DT 250-80's from www.bhphotovideo.com for a good price.

I just got them today and I must say I am incredibly happy with them, I'm wearing them right now and every time I listen to music with them its like they make love to my ears.

These headphones are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone who was in my situation in a heartbeat.

If anyone reading this was thinking about purchasing Beyer 250's id be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Once again thanks to everyone who replied to my thread and who helped, I will be a satisfied reader of this forum for years to come.

Happy Holidays!

- Techniques

Dec 10, 2002 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 14
congrats on your successful purchase!!

now flee from this site and never turn back, or you will spend 100s or 1000s more on amps, cables, power cords and conditioners, and more and more headphones.

enjoy the Beyers!

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 14
Techniques,

Make sure to post more info on your impressions after you've had time to let them work for at least 3-4 days!! Don't worry about how well you will do, or how your review will sound, just tell us what you hear and like/dislike about the headphones!

Congrats on the new purchase!! Hope you really enjoy them for a long while to come!!!!!

Dec 11, 2002 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 14
congrats!
And yes, as nanahachi said, flee. Don't come back here again.
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by nevermorez
RUN....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Doh, I'm new here (been quietly lurking a couple months) as well and have been pretty happy with my MDR-V6 but from the descriptions of other members it looks like the DT 250-80 is something my ears be wanting now.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 10:32 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Since i came here about a mth ago, i bought 3 pairs of headphones and an amp. Its like a disease i guess.........spreading ard this whole forums.

Quote from nanahachi:
Before it's too late, now flee from this site and never turn back!
biggrin.gif

Anyway though, congrats on your purchasing and sorry for your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 11:06 AM Post #9 of 14
<Run To The Hills,Run For Your Life>....Iron Maiden
unless you want to end up a member of <team broke> like many of us phone junkies
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #10 of 14
"...never afraid of running away..."

But if you do stick around...relax, and enjoy the journey.

There is a subtle, but significant difference between hunches and impulses. Listen to hunches, and temper impulses, and you will either become a Zen Master, or your wallet will thank you...or both
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Techniques

These headphones are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone who was in my situation in a heartbeat.

If anyone reading this was thinking about purchasing Beyer 250's id be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Those 250's sound awfully tempting, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to make the move since I recently got the Sony 7506's.

A couple of questions: Have you used them from a portable? If so, how do they do? Also if you've tried them with any classical music, what were your impressions.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #13 of 14
Hey Davie,
For one thing the beyers, at least for me, give me the effect of being in a soundproof booth or something. Im just isolated from everything, while it’s not completely soundproof the headphones are very comfortable and snug
smily_headphones1.gif

After I read your post I grabbed my cd player and popped in some classical.
I listened to some of Sebastian Bach's harpsichord concertos, now keep in mind I haven’t listened to classical on many headphones, in fact these are the only headphones I've listened to classical on. Usually when I listen to classical it’s over a stereo.
But anyway, it sounded like heaven in my ears if you must know
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing I like about the beyers is, and allot of other people have said this, but now I know for myself. The durability, I know I will have these headphones for many years to come and be using them for allot of different applications (watching TV, listening to stuff on comp, mp3player, cd player, minidisk player etc.) so I like the idea that they will be around for a while.

Also, as stated before by others, they are easily driven by portables. Now I don’t think I’ve ever listened to headphones that are hard to be driven by portables, besides my beyers all I’ve used on my portable devices are crappy little 20 dollar headphones so I don’t have much to compare to there.

I’ve heard the beyers sound good without and amp and can also benefit from using an amp, I’ve never heard headphones amped before but I plan on buying one anyway to get maximum sound out of them, couldn’t hurt.
smily_headphones1.gif

They fit snug like a pair of nice earmuffs but they don’t get hot or anything. Out of the box they may be a bit tight but they loosen up to fit your head just right.

I hope this was slightly helpful for you; I can’t do to much to review sound wise right now because I went to a mudvayne concert last night and my ears are still pissed off at me
smily_headphones1.gif

Although I can say the past 2 or 3 days I’ve had these headphones I am enjoying them very much and looking forward to trying them in an amp.
biggrin.gif

Another thing davie, if you’re serious about getting them id just go ahead and do it, try it for yourself. Go to www.bhphotovideo.com that’s where I got mine from and from everywhere I looked these guys had the best price. They sent my package FedEx and I got regular ground shipping and had my shipment in 3 days after I ordered them. One of the main reasons I also bought from BH was their no hassle money back return policy. I asked them about it and apparently if you don’t like whatever it is you purchased you have 7 days from the day you received your package to return it for full money back. Theirs no restocking fee and I’m pretty sure you don’t have to pay for sending it back (I don’t know about the sending back part, I never sent back my package)

Ok this is really long, and I’m sorry for that. I hope this was at least beneficial to some one out there.
biggrin.gif

-Techniques

Dec 12, 2002 at 3:26 PM Post #14 of 14
Yesterday I finally received a confirmation of my DT250-80 order from the local Beyerdynamic dealer.
biggrin.gif
Headphones are priced 140.00 EUR, shipping included. These are the good news.

The bad news is that my Beyers will be delivered not before second half of January.
mad.gif
The dealer says this is the timeline determined by the guys from Beyerdynamic themselves. The Beyer people can`t deliver them any earlierier, although they only have to sent them from Germany to Serbia. This sux big time, really.

But my conscience is clear now I`m done with months of paranoid serach through Head-fi archives and I`m finally to get my very first serious headphones. I slept much better last night.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back