Another Newbie.......;-)
Nov 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #16 of 22
Hey guys.  

I found out this morning that headphonebar is only 15min away. I phoned them and picked up the GR07 right away.  How cool is that.   

3days ago I bought a heartbeats by lady gaga.  I think they're not bad and I love the bass they can produce.  I've been using them until today, when I picked up the GR07.  

Its weird, it seems that the heartbeats has more bass.   I'm not sure how to feel now.  Also, the GR07 is not as loud.  Does this mean I have to buy an amp and glue it onto  my iphone4?

I guess the gr07 is not about bass and or maybe I'm not listening to good music.  

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 22
Hey guys.  

Its weird, it seems that the heartbeats has more bass.   I'm not sure how to feel now.  Also, the GR07 is not as loud.  Does this mean I have to buy an amp and glue it onto  my iphone4?

I guess the gr07 is not about bass and or maybe I'm not listening to good music.  

It seems to me that it's bass QUANTITY you're after. The GR07 aims towards achieving a clear and detailed, transparent, and accurate reproduction, and not one that's colored, with an exaggerated high, mid, or low end. If you're looking to match/best the low end quantity of your heartbeats, the GR07 may certainly not be suited to your liking. However, my advice would be to allow yourself a few days time to become accustomed to the GR07's sound, after which more than likely you'll come to appreciate it for it's intended sound signature. Based on my own experience, it can be rather challenging at times to initially appreciate a sound that's far too different from one your ears have been accustomed to for days, weeks, or months time. Give them a chance. Else if you still find the bass lacking the impact you're after, it's best you look elsewhere my friend. As far as ones preferences go, there are certainly more suitable options in that regard. :)

Nov 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #18 of 22
With the heartbeats, I get an instant vacuum seal when I put the earphones on and I can really feel it when I pull it out; but with GR07, I can't get a vacuum? I even tried using the heartbeat tips, but still no vacuum.  Could something be wrong?  Also, is there suppose to be a manual in the box, not that I need one.  I would like to find out if I got a used and returned one, ofcourse ..?

Thanks

Nov 12, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #20 of 22
Heavily. But coloration doesn't make a headphone bad. It's just personal preference. Plenty of people don't want any coloration(or as little as possible) and plenty of others find a lack of coloration boring or lifeless.

Quote:
Are the beatsbydre colored?

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #21 of 22
Hi guys.  

Its been a little while now since I've received the iems that you guys adviced me try out, specificaly, the GR07.  I Kinda fell for the turbines on my own because of hyped up reviews, advertisements, and price differences, I guess.  But as for the GR07, I would have never known about them if it wasn't for you guys:).  Thanks.  

Well, unfortunately, the Turbine coppers only lasted one week and the sound on one side started cutting off when I used the fancy ear hook/guide.  What a bummer:frowning2:  

So really i've only been listening the GR07 while I wait for another Copper.   But I guess thats ok, because it let me get famillar with GR07, and so far, its not that bad.  I guess now I understand what you guys meant about the beats being coloured.  But I think the beats ate still better than your average iem.  I just wish that the Gr07 had a little more bass because if it did, it would be awesome.   

Well, I hope that when my turbines get here, I find what Im looking for.  Something
like the gr07 with more bass.  But just incase its not, what is guys?:)

Can you guys help me choose my first BA iem. :) price range$200-400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back