Another Newbie.......;-)
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

amcutem

New Head-Fier
Hello guys.  I've just recently joined this forum and im glad to be here.

I don't know...and I guess this might sound cheezy, but I think something  happened to me this month.  

My friend sold me aBeatbyDre Powerbeats earphones and I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed listining to my music again.  It reminded me of my teen years when all I did was lock my self in my room and listen to as much bass as my pawnshop speakers could produce.  Haha....
But anyhow, this has now led me to search for a second pair of IEM, maybe one that could possibly be a little better than the one I have now.

I've done very little research, but what little research I've done has lead me to thinking of getting a pair of Monster Turbines.  What do you guyst think?   Im planning on spending around $150.  There are some that are selling for just about that price and its even the gold version.   Should I get it?

I like to listening to all sorts of music, but I would really love to hear what accurate quality sound sounds like.......

Can you guys tell me what other choices there are if I wanted the best bang for the buck...

Thank, any help is appriciated....

Nov 11, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 22
thanks for the reply, djvkool

I guess I'll start looking for a good deal on the gr07.

I only ask because, wholly crap!, there are so many earphones to choose from and Its so hard to decide, and I don't want to have a bachelors degree on IEMs before I find a decent one that I won't complain and only brag about......

I guess and I hope this will be same or even better that the turbine golds that I read about on the internet...

thank you so much....

I think I will post here when I get one.....

Nov 11, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 22
x2 on the GR07's. They're excellent all rounders, fit for just about any genre, and definitely no slouch if it's accuracy you're after. 
smile.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 22
I have owned the original Turbines, the Golds, and the Copper's. The GR07 will slay the original turbines and for my ears sound better then the Golds and Copper's as well. But the Copper's in particular are in some ways technically better. Not enough to overcome the massive price difference between GR07 and the retail of the Copper's but they can be argued as being slightly better technically. Personally though I prefer the ,ore neutral stance of the GR07 so for me it is a no brainer.

Comfort wise I also think the GR07 wins and they a definitely easier to insert and forget whereas I always found myself fiddling with the Turbin IEM's to maintain the right fit.

But the lifetime warranty of the Coppers and Golds is hard to beat but the additional cost of the IEM's reflects that.

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #6 of 22
Well, I bit the bullet and purchasde the GR07 online form headphonebar, an authorize dealer...Yeheyyy I feel good buying authorized stuff... I wonder when I can buy authorized bud to go with my music...Hahaha....

But holy cow, since my friend sold me my powerbeats a couple of weeks ago, I think i've spent the rest of my future paycheques trying to buy better earphones.....Within this past two days, I've manage to somehow accidently order expensive IEMs online.   

But it's ok, whatever it takes to make me happy, I'll do it...

Truth is, my search for better earphones happened by accident.

The first week after I bought the powerbeats, I was getting out of my car, and when I closed the door, I saw that the door didn't shut all the way. 

Hmmmm?????  The seat belt must wedge in between....So I open the door and guess what I find in between.....Yeap, you guest it....I just crushed my new earphones.....Oh it hurts so bad ....But I guess it's a blessing in disguisse(that's what I tell my self), because now I have better earphones heading towards me, and it's all because I found this forum...

Nov 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM Post #7 of 22
Its ok Dweaver, I ordered both..

MTC from Crutchfield
GR07 form headphonebar
Powerbeats from Ebay  -  I needed to buy this to erase the traumatic experience I went through when I broke the first one lastweek.

Oh and I forgot, I bought another beatsbydre becuz I could stand not having a decent IEM.  Hearbeats by Lady Gaga

Then tomorrow im gonna buy Yatch with a helicopter and maybe a nice Rolex watch...

No im not rich, but I do have my moms credit card.....

Guys, like i said on my first post, all this started because I got a pair of powerbeats which I thought were great..But it seems that i've only seen the tip of the iceburg when it comes to listening to music through IEMs.  I hope i have an awakening when I get my other earphones.

I can't wait.......

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #8 of 22
Welcome!!! dweaver and I2 (The headphone supremisits) just saved you alot of cash!! You just jumped over the the monsters, and went right for the the Gold. Make sure you give them a little time for burn in. Let us know when you get em

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 22
wow you ordered three IEM's!!! I wasn't really try to sway you that direction at all! I was just backing I2's suggestion for the GR07. But this way you can see what all three are like and hopefully you have the ability to send the ones you don't like back or in the case of the GR07 if your not happy they should be easy to resell.

Good luck and happy listening.

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 22
Oh man I didn;t notice you bought 3. (Insert wallet comment here)
L3000.gif
deadhorse.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #12 of 22
Goshh.    To  tell you the truth, I don't really know what happened just recently.   I think my OCD kicked in again.   

First, all i wanted was just to replace my new powerbeats that i carelessly destroyed
via bad karma, then the next thing I know, im reading reviews of how great one IEM is and how awesome another one is, and how u can hear sounds that you've never heard before on this one  while that one punches more bass.   WTHOMG, im only human??  The next thing I know, there's nothing else inside my head but IEMs, even while its broken and I don't have one???

I really don't mind owning a couple of nice iems if the sound will blow me away.   Im pretty sure it will be difficult to return any of these, unless they suck.  But we'll see.   :)

I have to pick up the Copper in the US, I live in BC. I had to send it there becuz crutchfield wouldn send it to Canada???How about planet earth, can they send it there?

As for the GR07, you guys said its good so why would I return it:wink:

Well, since ive tormented my longdistance brother from another father with no other smart conversion topics, but iems this past whole week, im giving him the beats as an ealrly xmass present.   

I guess next month will be rice with banana month, except for xmass I hope:frowning2:
Im gonna feel sorry for my stomach but hopefully with my earphones on, i wont hear my tummy growling.   :)

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
He actually bought some Monsters too though...and not the Golds.
tongue.gif

Yeah my bad, I meant the GR-07's being "GOLD" (As Good) 

Nov 12, 2011 at 1:27 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:
Goshh.    To  tell you the truth, I don't really know what happened just recently.   I think my OCD kicked in again.   

First, all i wanted was just to replace my new powerbeats that i carelessly destroyed
via bad karma, then the next thing I know, im reading reviews of how great one IEM is and how awesome another one is, and how u can hear sounds that you've never heard before on this one  while that one punches more bass.   WTHOMG, im only human??  The next thing I know, there's nothing else inside my head but IEMs, even while its broken and I don't have one???

I really don't mind owning a couple of nice iems if the sound will blow me away.   Im pretty sure it will be difficult to return any of these, unless they suck.  But we'll see.   :)

I have to pick up the Copper in the US, I live in BC. I had to send it there becuz crutchfield wouldn send it to Canada???How about planet earth, can they send it there?

As for the GR07, you guys said its good so why would I return it:wink:

Well, since ive tormented my longdistance brother from another father with no other smart conversion topics, but iems this past whole week, im giving him the beats as an ealrly xmass present.   

I guess next month will be rice with banana month, except for xmass I hope:frowning2:
Im gonna feel sorry for my stomach but hopefully with my earphones on, i wont hear my tummy growling.   :)

OCD? Whats That?
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back