Another Great Deal on Amazon MP3 (ECM RARUM Box Set)
Apr 14, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by feverfive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh, all my tracks tagged "properly" w/out me needing to do anything --> actual artist -->track title --> Box Set title --> disc # (x of 12)... I am on OS X using iTunes.

And for my organizational purposes, I think of these more as twelve separate CDs than disc x/12 in a box set since these were released individually and not modified for the box set (as far as I can tell). That part is personal preference though.

Apr 18, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 28
This was my first time using amazon mp3 service and must say I'm throughly impressed by it, both in quality and ease of use. It was hard not to try it with a price like this, thank you for sharing pangaea!

Apr 27, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #18 of 28
Is there anyway to get this without having to use the amazon mp3 downloader? I have neither itunes nor Windows Media Player on my computer...

Apr 27, 2008 at 1:07 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bizzel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, what a find! Even better since it's just £9 for me. There are singles that sell for that much over here when they're new out!

How do you manage that, then? When I tried to buy it from the U.K. I got a message that one couldn't download from Amazon.com outside the U.S.

Apr 28, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by hughwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyway to get this without having to use the amazon mp3 downloader? I have neither itunes nor Windows Media Player on my computer...

I don't think so. Why not install, download and uninstall if you don't want?

May 15, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerelybonto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been refusing to buy downloaded music unless it's lossless, but I made an exception for this set because of the prices. Just downloaded it and have listened to only a few tracks so far. ... There seem to be a lot of different styles represented. I'm not familiar with many of the artists, but have liked much of what I've heard. I'm entralled with the the tacks by Gateway. Most groovin' fusion I've heard in a while, especially "How's Never". Killer bass line, sharp drumming, and great guitar work over it all.

The sound quality seems good. I've been listening on speakers, though.

Amazon downloads generally run at 256 kb/s. Not totally lossless, but better than most on-line services.

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 28
Friendly neighborhood bump as the sale appears to still be on and I'm listening to it at the moment.
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 28
This is usually not my style of jazz (old school) but I listened to samples and, as a completist (music) I took the recommendation here of folks who know better and purchased it. Really a fantastic deal. I'm too old for rock and roll all the time anyway. Should provide me with many soothing hours. I can't wait to sample the ECM house sound on my full system. And a fantastic bargain.I'm normally a bad boy about downloading, but that kind of price makes me a convert.

Jun 20, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #26 of 28
It seems I won't be able to download it running Windows 2000, true?

I notice In a Silent Way and a Bernstein/Gershwin album are priced at $1.99 each. I suspect they're (inadvertently?) charging .99 per track even when it's a whole album side.

Jun 29, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #27 of 28
I just grabbed Rocket to Russia for only $1.99. I've owned it on vinyl since around when it came out, but I'm willing to spend $1.99 for a digital version for the iPod.

Thanks to whoever started this thread and made me aware of Amazon mp3 deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back