Another gaming headphone question =)
Jul 15, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think of the denon's 1001's jaawa?

They are awesome, and really good for gaming. Not supra-aural though, but smallish circumaural, as many have already stated. I think you would enjoy them, and in a previous post, I said that they win over the (modded) PC 350, especially now when you gave a more specific list of your needs.

Jul 15, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #33 of 43
I own two pairs of supra-aurals, and three circumaurals. And the differences are already mentioned in this thread. Supra-aurals tend to be a bit uncomfortable when worn for several hours. Then again, you get used to it, and if you use comfy velour pads, you can probably go on as long as you could with any other comfy 'phone. Some say that supra-aurals can't reach the soundstages provided by circumaural designs, but this I cannot swear by, I do believe it though, I've come to the same conclusions with many 'phones. It's not a huge difference however.

And last, the Denon AH-D1001K aren't really supra-aurals, they're circumaurals by build design, this was also addressed in this thread already. There is nothing to fear, both designs have worked for pretty much everybody, the difference is there, but it might work even better for you, who knows? Try it, seek out a friend with such headphones, or a HiFi shop where you can try 'em, or attend a headphone-meet. Or just buy 'em. You can't go wrong with 'phones like the HD 25-1 or the D1001K, they're both awesome, pretty much every headphone mentioned in this thread is awesome, you'll find your own HiFi-truth someday, but you need to turn some rocks along the way, turn enough, and perfection will come to you, and who knows, it might even be something you never expected it to be
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobija /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank u for that.
biggrin.gif

You are welcome, anything for a fellow Head-Fi'er
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #36 of 43
Sorry about the MMX 300, I just can't help let people know about this baby.
biggrin.gif

cobija, get yourself the Audio-Technica ATH-M50. It really should match all the qualities your looking for, including price. Otherwise, the Denon 1001 would probably be my very next choice.
wink_face.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #39 of 43
For the millionth time, the Denon AH-D1001 are circumaural, so both the Audio-Technica ATH-M50 and the Denons are circumaural, over the ear, or rather around the ear, if you will.

Jul 17, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #41 of 43
They're smallish for usual circumaural sizes, but they're still circumaurals. You need to have really large ears for them to be like supra-aurals, and even so, they aren't built like supra-aurals, their build design is circumaural, this was already addressed in the start of this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know enough about the Audio-Technicas though, to really give my thoughts on how they compare with the Denons, sorry.

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 43
I'll suggest the JVC HA DX3. It's a great all-around headphone for the $99, and works well enough in virtual surround to cause me to ditch my Medusa 5.1 headphones.
Next choice would be the JVC HA RX900. While many prefer the RX700 for music, the RX900 is more open sounding and has better 3D. I found the sloppy bass can be EQ'd out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back