Another First Build of Cmoy
Apr 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DragooNArT2

New Head-Fier
Hi,I've decided to start my own build of the choy moy amp,but i need some help in deciding a few things for my amp.I am currently unable to find a protoboard or something of the kind to kickstart the project so i decided to build my own board,but i'm having trouble with the design.I've been analyzing this graphic of the protoboard for some time.

FM18IN1FRXW6GUQ.MEDIUM.jpg

I tried to remove the useless holes on the board and make the whole board simpler by replacing the jumpers in the tutorial with paths and recuding the size by that but i am not sure about the virutal ground and what it consists of
here is a pic of what i've come up so far

own%20protoboardz.jpg

I just need some approval of this design because i'm not exactly sure if the amp will work that way

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 6
i've just found out a few teaks that i can implement since building my own schematic/board.I've read that the Resistor R5 is not neccessary so i'll be removing the holes and aligning the ground/left/right input/output holes in a way from which i can mount the 3.5mm jacks onto the board instead of wiring them as in the proto board one.I am wondering if the Volume knob can also be mounted on board.Oh, and i'm not exactly sure where to wire up the on/off switch

Apr 27, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #4 of 6
thanks,just figured that out by myself looking at one of the schemes in tangentsoft's pdf

by the way if my version of the scheme is correct so far,i've almost figured out how to align the paths so that the in/out jacks can be surface mounted,also the volume pot can be surface mounted if i draw some paths on the other side of the board because there is not enough space on the front to route the in/out/ground paths to the volume pot.Oh and another thing how does exactly the virtual ground work?I understand that the vertical lines in the center are the ground,and they are connected on the top and bottom.Isn't it better if i made them as one big vertical line?Does it matter?

Apr 27, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #6 of 6
i'm not missing the connections they are right there on the virtual ground,maybe you are mistaking the resistors connections which is horizontal not diagonal,but as i am looking at it now there would be too much space between the + and - of the Power led so maybe i'll do the resistors diagonally and take the caps down a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Back