another D-jays question
May 11, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #16 of 29
You read it correctly.
You can also check the Sennheiser CX300. They are bassy and a noticeable improvement over the plugs.

May 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i made a graph on headroom
http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCom...Type=0&graphID[]=615&graphID[]=699&graphID[]=627&graphID[]=705
and the J-jays seem verry bassy did i read the graph correctly?
rolleyes.gif

edit* graph link doesnt work... i compared: superfi5pro,d-jays,J-jays,grado rs2

j-JAYS is more bassy then the d-JAYS yes but j-JAYS lacks the great mids and highs that d-JAYS gives you so.. It's up to what kind of sound you're looking for. Also you should not buy anything from looking on a graph. See it as a compliment. What a graph shows you is not what your ears tells you. But they are fun looking on anyway and they can give you a small hint
wink.gif

May 11, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't necessary to be audiophile to not like overpowering bass like that offered by the plugs or v-moda vibes. =]
I don't consider myself an audiophile (and how could I? my best can is ER4S, a midfi IEM), it's a matter of taste and getting used to high quality sounding gear.

whoa whoa whoa
wink.gif
stop right there. the er4s midfi? haha, i like it the best - other than ergonomics and microphonics - it rocks completely. when it was released, it was over 300usd - in the price range of hi-end iems. you have a hi-fi iem there...

May 11, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #19 of 29
thx for all the reply's im going for the J-jays, bass is what i need ill fix the rest with my eq. They match my white zen vision m the sennheisers dont
icon10.gif

victory for jays
580smile.gif
when i got them ill share my opion with the rest

*they look fantastic cant wait to get them in my ears and trow my koss plugs to the dog*
icon10.gif

May 11, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
whoa whoa whoa
wink.gif
stop right there. the er4s midfi? haha, i like it the best - other than ergonomics and microphonics - it rocks completely. when it was released, it was over 300usd - in the price range of hi-end iems. you have a hi-fi iem there...

Haha, I can undestand you, but I think that high end iems are now the Shure E500 and Westone 3, along with customs and Stax SR-001 (though this last one isn't a proper IEM). I love the Etys but they lack soundstage, and I could use a bit more bass.
However, if the ER4 are universally considered hi-fi iems, that's even better for them, but they will keep being exactly the same iems for me.

~Petced: I completely agree with you about graphs. There are many headphones with similar response graphs, but that sound noticeably different. Frequency response isn't the only thing that matters.
Just to give some examples, KSC 75 and Grado SR60 are similar in graphs but sound different.
Or, talking about etys, I don't like them with triflanges (I get the seal) but the sound improves greatly with their foam tips (bass more impactfull, highs less metallic and shrill).

May 11, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thx for all the reply's im going for the J-jays, bass is what i need ill fix the rest with my eq. They match my white zen vision m the sennheisers dont
icon10.gif

victory for jays
580smile.gif
when i got them ill share my opion with the rest

*they look fantastic cant wait to get them in my ears and trow my koss plugs to the dog*
icon10.gif

In my experience, a iem with a range of frequencies so pronounced like the j-JAYS is difficult to tune with equalizer. You'd better take something more neutral, and then improve its bass with equalizer.

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 29
I have a question about the d-jays. I just got them three days ago and burned them in for about 30 hours (not sure if they need it, but oh well, it doesnt hurt). I keep listening to them and i just can't seem to understand why everyone praises their clarity and range. They sound flat and lack detail to me.

When I shove them deep inside the canal, bass is enough, but everything in midrange and highs is muddy and dull. When I put them in about halfway, just so the body lies flat against the ear, bass could have been better, and the rest is a little better, but the music still sounds muddy enough to be disturbing to me.

Can someone please post some pics of a d-jays earpiece in your ear when is gives out the best sound? I keep thinking that i just can't find the right position.

PS I use L tips. M are too small, not enough bass, and XL are too large.

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 29
Proper amplification, a brighter side one, solved clarity problems for me. Only problem I have is getting proper fit that bass wont dissappear. Foamies I got helped a lot, but now they are dirty. I wonder when Jays releases their version of foamies...

Aug 7, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dima1109 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a question about the d-jays. I just got them three days ago and burned them in for about 30 hours (not sure if they need it, but oh well, it doesnt hurt). I keep listening to them and i just can't seem to understand why everyone praises their clarity and range. They sound flat and lack detail to me.

When I shove them deep inside the canal, bass is enough, but everything in midrange and highs is muddy and dull. When I put them in about halfway, just so the body lies flat against the ear, bass could have been better, and the rest is a little better, but the music still sounds muddy enough to be disturbing to me.

Can someone please post some pics of a d-jays earpiece in your ear when is gives out the best sound? I keep thinking that i just can't find the right position.

PS I use L tips. M are too small, not enough bass, and XL are too large.

Same. I use modded Tri-Flanges and I found the same thing. I ended up having to EQ my iPod just to get the sound I was looking for, and I hate EQ'ing my iPod...

Aug 8, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #25 of 29
Also, I hear that d-Jays have "Grado" sound. As hard as I try, I can't find any similarities between them and SR225s.
What's the deal here?

Aug 8, 2007 at 1:46 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dima1109 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I hear that d-Jays have "Grado" sound. As hard as I try, I can't find any similarities between them and SR225s.
What's the deal here?

Similar to Grado sound with flats except bass. Forward midrange, but otherwise recessed highs.

Aug 9, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Proper amplification, a brighter side one, solved clarity problems for me. Only problem I have is getting proper fit that bass wont dissappear. Foamies I got helped a lot, but now they are dirty. I wonder when Jays releases their version of foamies...

Hi MAZA just use the tubes from your old foamies and go buy some new foamplugs, drill a hole and you are set
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claus-DK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi MAZA just use the tubes from your old foamies and go buy some new foamplugs, drill a hole and you are set
tongue.gif

I will! They sounded great with foamies and very easy to use for my ears. Thanks again.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back