another D-jays question
May 11, 2007 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

kuzzz

100+ Head-Fier
hi

im really in love with this plug its look they look totally great
but i need to know how bassy they are, like koss plugs maybe?
i dont really know. i would kill myself if the bass its sound went backward
blink.gif

i know mids are great and treble ok but the bass level is a question for me

thx for anyonee who would help me out
orphsmile.gif

May 11, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 29
Not overpowering. They aren't the plugs. The d-JAYS are detailed across the spectrum, with a prominent midrange (that I personally don't like, but others love). The are said to have a Grado SR-60 sound, with maybe less bass.
One of the best things about them is their ergonomic design, they stay very well in your ears and it's very easy to get the right fit (much more than V-modas, for example).

May 11, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not overpowering. They aren't the plugs. The d-JAYS are detailed across the spectrum, with a prominent midrange (that I personally don't like, but others love). The are said to have a Grado SR-60 sound, with maybe less bass.
One of the best things about them is their ergonomic design, they stay very well in your ears and it's very easy to get the right fit (much more than V-modas, for example).

x2... they are not bass-head monsters. But they have good bass impact and superb clarity for the price, with enough extension to keep things interesting. Midrange clarity is their strength though.

May 11, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 29
If you can get a proper seal, bass has very nice hard hitting punch, excellent for rock and hardtrance/trance . However, it lacks some deep bass which you might need for hiphop, bigbeat, hardstyle and so on.

Question is, what music you listen to? Koss plugs are pure mud crap. d-Jays has excellent clarity and balance. Prominent mids, good highs if your source can feed them enough juice, and nice punchy bass.

May 11, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2... they are not bass-head monsters. But they have good bass impact and superb clarity for the price, with enough extension to keep things interesting. Midrange clarity is their strength though.

Yeah, they are probably the best iems in their price range. What I don't like is how the electric guitars sound with them, sometimes they are too strong. I like much more how the Etymotic ER4S render them.

Garret, if you remember, I wanted to buy the Yuin buds, but in the end I realized that isolation was too important to me (I use to listen to music in the streets, on train and at home). Do the PK1 share the same sound signature than the d-JAYS and Grados, or are they more neutral sounding?

May 11, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #6 of 29
thx for the posts

i know the pluggs are crap but i know they had "great" bass(for a non audiphile)
but then i founded this forum and i was sure i needed a new pair
icon10.gif

i usually listen to hardstyle,techno,hardcore (basshead i know
3000smile.gif
)
my source is a zen vision m 30G, cant i just pimp my eq till maxed out for a kicking bass with the D-jays? any other suggestions? pro' and cons would be lovely

how is the isolation?

May 11, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #7 of 29
It isn't necessary to be audiophile to not like overpowering bass like that offered by the plugs or v-moda vibes. =]
I don't consider myself an audiophile (and how could I? my best can is ER4S, a midfi IEM), it's a matter of taste and getting used to high quality sounding gear.

May 11, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #8 of 29
Isolation is just fine. Personally I believe you will find the bass of d-JAYS lacking for your music and especially after the headphones you are coming from.

May 11, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isolation is just fine. Personally I believe you will find the bass of d-JAYS lacking for your music and especially after the headphones you are coming from.

ty this is a very usefull comment, ill open a next thread when i see some new plugs. These earphones are off the most wanted list,
its a shame i really likes their looks
mad.gif

maybe suggestion other plugs someone?

May 11, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
may i ask you what the reason is for selling your djays?
tongue.gif
im curios

After having bought the d-JAYS, I found a good deal on the Etymotic ER4S, so I jumped on them, intending to keep the headphone I liked more. The ER4 fit better my tastes, they are more neutral across the spectrum, so I'm more relaxed when listening to them. The d-JAYS are more lively... and a bit more colored. The JAYS are more funny, but fun is not what I'm looking for in a headphone.

May 11, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ty this is a very usefull comment, ill open a next thread when i see some new plugs. These earphones are off the most wanted list,
its a shame i really likes their looks
mad.gif

maybe suggestion other plugs someone?

Do you need IEMs? What about clip-ons? The Koss KSC75 are miles ahead the plugs, they have a nice sound signature while keeping a great bass. They are good with detail resolution, for the price, and eventually you can mod them (kramer mod, like I did).

As for IEMs, you may want to check these: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=234707

Or the Super.fi 5 Pro.

May 11, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the PK1 share the same sound signature than the d-JAYS and Grados, or are they more neutral sounding?

Similar, but more neutral. As far as spectral frequency response goes, d-jays -VS- PK1, is kind of like SR225 -VS- MS1(with bowls). Same fundamental signature, but tweeked for a flatter response. If course being an IEM the D-JAYS are more intimate sounding, and the PK1 can spread the image out farther.

Yeah... it all comes down to personal preference. I happen to enjoy the way the d-JAYS presnt guitars... snarling, nasty and in your face. its almost like putting your head in front of a guitar cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back