Another convert!!!
Aug 30, 2005 at 10:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

rmx

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys

now I'm not one to kiss and tell, but this one, I thought you guys would get a kick out of.

There's this girl I like a lot... I think the feeling's mutual since I've been invited over to her mom's place several times, and had dinner with the folks more than once already, even though nothings 'official' yet...

Anyways, I'm looking at pics with her on thursday and her dad comes in and insists I stay for dinner. Cool.. I like to eat! During dinner, they put music on and I cant help but check out the audio rig. Linn turntable, Linn speakers - sounds lovely! I comment on the nice speakers, and her mom says "yeah, but I need better interconnects.. I think these ones are too thin sounding". Now, how many times have you heard a comment like that out of the blue? I for one, havent! I take this opportunity to chat about audio equipment and interconnects, and her mom goes off on how she used to dabble in high end audio and so on...

SWEET!

Yesterday, I took over my PPA v1.1 w/ steps, OPA 637/627s and diamond buffers with my MS2i's and homemade interconnects, and set her up with them before taking her daughter out to dinner. We got back from dinner at 10:30 (a good 4 hours after we left), and crept up on her mom to find her still listening to them, with a big smile on her face. "I never knew headphones could sound so amazing!" ....She liked them so much that I lent her the whole rig for a week
biggrin.gif

Guys... THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTH ANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHAN KYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKY OUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU....

icon10.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
So are you after the mom or the daughter?
biggrin.gif

both
icon10.gif

Aug 30, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #4 of 24
It's always fun when you meet people (especially of the opposite sex
wink.gif
) that appreciate the same things as you. It's even better when they have the same "level" of appreciation.

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Haha.
biggrin.gif

Glad that you found yourself in such a situation. I'd definitely be shocked myself if my girlfriend's mom would have turned out to an audiophile as well...

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #6 of 24
Sometimes you've got to win the mom over first. It definitely never hurts. Plus, that way when the girl breaks your heart, you can always call up her mom and find out how she's doing, who she's seeing, if she's happy, etc... Not that I've ever done anything like that.
wink.gif
One ex girlfriend's mom once told me, "I don't know why she ever left you. If I was her... oh well, I'm not, so what's the point..." It was so sweet... but also a signal to move on. I'm sure you'll have better luck.

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #7 of 24
wow, youre very lucky to find someone like that who enjoys audio equipment like you do! with my friends and parents i try not to say anyhtign abot audio equipment because i bum them out too much with it lol.

Aug 31, 2005 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

biggrin.gif

LOL!

Hey man, that is great. An audiphile mom. Not that many guys are as lucky as you. When I used to go over my ex's, her mom would chat about mango/papaya facials with me.
rolleyes.gif

I wish she would have prefered my RS-1's. It would have reinforced her daughters belief that I had nice woodies.
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
This is like that TAG body spray commercial...
rolleyes.gif

Yeah I know that commercial. That mom is very HOT!!

Aug 31, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 24
My girlfriend's father was the Nor Cal distributor for several high end lines in the late seventies/early eighties. Talk about a sweet deal! I had the most bitchin' stereo in the whoile dorm at College!
Cool deal.
CPW

Aug 31, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Sometimes you've got to win the mom over first. It definitely never hurts. Plus, that way when the girl breaks your heart, you can always call up her mom and find out how she's doing, who she's seeing, if she's happy, etc... Not that I've ever done anything like that.
wink.gif
One ex girlfriend's mom once told me, "I don't know why she ever left you. If I was her... oh well, I'm not, so what's the point..." It was so sweet... but also a signal to move on. I'm sure you'll have better luck.

Thanks Wayne! This is what I'm thinking... although, I'm almost 100% sure I've got the daughter won over too.

Just to be clear (apnk and mrslacker!)- I'm not after the mom (although she's quite pretty too - but that's well reflected in her daughter
wink.gif
)

And on another note, I know what to get her (the mom) for a gift if I ever need to - Interconnects!
biggrin.gif

And it keeps getting better! The dad -well he likes cigars and cars... I race cars on an amateur level and am a member of the local cigar club.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back