Another convert to the vintage PCDP
Jun 8, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #61 of 69
Glad my little comparo was helpful, rushed tho it was. The optical out is a very nice feature of the 120/140 & one I really have to get to explore. I'm sure it'll sound pretty damn great with a DAC!

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:13 PM Post #62 of 69
edju thanks for the link on the zu pivot. I saw the last cable sold for $20. Wow that is really cheap. I see on their website that they recieve a lot of awards. Is this the best bang for the buck cable out there? How does it compare to other higher end cables?

Thank you

Jun 8, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #63 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pappucho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know but could be in reference to it's "wireless" abilities. The D-626 comes with a wireless remote (pictured on top) that you plug your headphones into. You can have your player stowed away nearby (not too far) and listen wirelessly via the remote. Pretty cool.

Yup, the D-626 has two wireless frequency that is switchable in case either one has a poor reception. Ufortunately the two D-626s that I currently own, the pcdp can't receive or transmit a signal to the remote. Looks like I will have to take it in to Sony to have them take a look at it.

Jun 8, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ufortunately the two D-626s that I currently own, the pcdp can't receive or transmit a signal to the remote. Looks like I will have to take it in to Sony to have them take a look at it.

Bummer, my D-626 works great.

You have two? Wow! The only other owner around here that I know about is Purk. I wonder if there are any others out there? I bought mine from Strohmie who got his through Yahoo Japan auctions. I finally convinced him he should sell it me after pestering him about it for about a year. Persistence pays off.
icon10.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #65 of 69
Here's my inventory of PCDP I tried to sell of a couple last week but no takers.

CD Sony D-121 (2)
CD Sony D-125
CD Sony D-180K
CD Sony D-F200
CD Sony D-E301
CD Sony D-E307CK
CD Sony D-844K
CD Sony D-141
CD Sony D-2 (2)
CD Fisher PCD-5700
CD Classic CL-401
CD Panasonic SL CT490
CD Bose PM-1

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by cpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edju thanks for the link on the zu pivot. I saw the last cable sold for $20. Wow that is really cheap. I see on their website that they recieve a lot of awards. Is this the best bang for the buck cable out there? How does it compare to other higher end cables?

Thank you

For the price(20-25 bux) you can get them from the Zu ebay seller they are a steal:It’s a well build cable, flexible, looks good and sounds good.Sure some high-end cables will probably be better (haven’t done any direct comparisons though’) but for 4x or 5x the price.Most likely overkill unless you have one of the top vintage PCDPs (i.e. denon)

Jun 9, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #68 of 69
I got my D-33 on ebay and I love it. It is a monster- both with line out and just the headphone out. I actually just use it with my home amp and speakers- which can def. fill a room. It does sound great w/ hp - but I just can't bring myself to travel with a cd player in 2007. Plus my imods not too shabby.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #69 of 69
i have a sony D-10 and a philips AZ6832 ^_^ they both sound better than any dap availible and the headphone out is soooooooooooo powerful. someone from head-fi told me it can power 600ohm beyers with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back