Another competition! Time for fun!!!
Nov 12, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #16 of 42
SR60 CONTEST

If I don't win I'm going to pull a Faith Hill on my webcam.

Nov 12, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #17 of 42
I should get the sr60s so that when I make comparisions and say grado sucks, I can back it up... or be converted into a major grado fan-boy! If I don't like the grado sound, I'll pass on the sr60s, but if I do, I'll buy some sr225s and still pass on the sr60s!
Hoping for some headphone diversity,
bperboy

EDIT: When Chuck Norris plays Oregon Trail, his family does not die from cholera or dysentery, but rather, roundhouse kicks to the face. He also requires no wagon, since he carries the oxen, axles, and buffalo meat on his back. He always makes it to Oregon before you.

Nov 12, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 42
One night a man walks into a bar looking distraught. The bartender asks the man what he wants.

The man says "Oh just a beer".

The bartender asked the man "Whats wrong,why are you so down today?".

The man said "My wife and i got into a fight,and she said she would'nt talk to me for a month".

The bartender said "Thats terrible, but there's no need to be so depressed"

The man said "Well normally no, but i got these new sr60's and the month is up tonight".

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet
One night a man walks into a bar looking distraught. The bartender asks the man what he wants.

The man says "Oh just a beer".

The bartender asked the man "Whats wrong,why are you so down today?".

The man said "My wife and i got into a fight,and she said she would'nt talk to me for a month".

The bartender said "Thats terrible, but there's no need to be so depressed"

The man said "Well normally no, but i got these new sr60's and the month is up tonight".

he wins.

Nov 12, 2006 at 4:59 PM Post #20 of 42
SR60 CONTEST

Ever since Karen left me for that damn bus driver, I haven't been able to drown out the murderous rage that could overcome me at any moment. I don't want the headphones for my sake, I want them for hers.

Nov 12, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #21 of 42
Because at the moment Im using iBuds, and they don't work very well for eating childr........uhhhh......i mean..............listening to music. (Seriously though, the iBuds really arent working out.)

Nov 12, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #22 of 42
an incredible joke, via my brother:
Once upon a time, a man owned a flower shop in the heart of a small town. Business was brisk, for his was the only store in the immediate area, and he led a fairly comfortable life. One day, however, three Dominican monks opened up a flower shop right across the street. Their arrangements were quite excellent, and because they donated 50% of their profit to the Catholic Church they soon became quite popular. The man noticed that his business was beginning to decline precipitously, so he paid a visit to the holy men. "Look," he said, "I know that I don't really have the right to ask this, but you're moral people and I hope you'll listen. Ever since you showed up, my flower shop just isn't doing the business that I've come to depend upon. I would really appreciate it if you would relocate your shop." The Dominicans were understanding, but in the end they refused, saying that business was good and they were loath to stop their charitable work for the church.

For several months the Catholic flower shop continued to undermine the man's business, to the point where he was having trouble paying all his bills. In desperation, he called his cousin, who knew some people who knew some people who knew some people, to put it delicately. This cousin sent up a man named Hugh. Hugh took one look at the situation, and told the man that it could be taken care of. Grabbing a baseball bat, he proceeding to destroy the monks' flower shop; he smashed in the windows, broke the display cases, and generally trashed the entire establishment. Hugh's actions forced the Dominicans to move away, and the man's flower shop prospered once more.

This just goes to show that only Hugh can prevent florist friars.

Nov 12, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #24 of 42
SR60 CONTEST

Once upon a 4:11 PM dreary, while I head-fi'd weak and weary
Over many a quaint and curious schematic of forgotten lore
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping.
As of someone loudly rocking, rocking on my basement door.
"'Tis some thread," I muttered, "asking "Sennheiser Vs. Grado -
Only this and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak November,
And each separate headphone thread wrought it's ghost upon my phosphor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From the threads surcrease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost modified KSC-75s.
For the rare and radiant music of angels, the modified KSC-75s.
Nameless here and evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each white iGrado,
Thrilled me - filled me with bass-heavy terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some thread extolling baseless opinion at my basement door -
Some lame thread extolling bloat-bass at my basement door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so loudly you came rocking, rocking at my basement door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Headphones there, and nothing more.

Deep into those cans peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before
But the silence was unbroken, and the headphones gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `SR-60 competiton!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `SR-60 competition!'
Merely this and nothing more.

more after I WIN.

Nov 12, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #25 of 42
SR 60 CONTEST

Well, I have yet to own a pair of good full sized cans. I am real interested in the grado sound, but thus far have not been able to test any of their phones.. So unfortunately I will have to make do with my Ass-Fi improvised phones until that day comes
frown.gif

lawl_003-5.jpg

lawl_004-3.jpg

lawl_005-1.jpg

lawl_006-2.jpg

Nov 12, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by OGTL
SR 60 CONTEST

Well, I have yet to own a pair of good full sized cans. I am real interested in the grado sound, but thus far have not been able to test any of their phones.. So unfortunately I will have to make do with my Ass-Fi improvised phones until that day comes
frown.gif

lawl_003-5.jpg

lawl_004-3.jpg

lawl_005-1.jpg

lawl_006-2.jpg

In all seriousness here, what the hell do those sound like?

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #30 of 42
Because I already know I wont like it, but still want to try it. Like the time when dad told me I will not like beer, but I tried it anyway just to reassure myself it does indeed disagree with the palate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back