Another Cmoy Help Thread..Help Me!
Mar 16, 2011 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arnold006287

New Head-Fier
So I have better building the Cmoy amp using the Tangent tutorial to help me build it. But now I'm stuck. The part that I am stumped at is the correct wiring for the Power Switch, the potentiometer, and the headphone jacks. No where on tangents tutorial does it tell you which prong is the left or right or ground. This may just be something simple that I am missing, but as of now, I cannot find the appropriate information at all right now. All the parts are the ones he specified on his website as well.
Please help me!
Brian  

Mar 17, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 3
Well I finally figured it out, but now I have another problem, if anyone cares to help. Right now I am getting really low audio in my right hear, and very static-y sound in my left ear - at high volumes. When turned low the left ear starts to "stutter" and the right ear is non-existent...what is goin onnn???? Unfortunately at my dorm I do not have a meter to test the power, and I only am using 1 9cell battery

Mar 17, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Well if I were you I wouldn't hook headphones up to it until you're sure the DC Offset is <50mv in each ear.  Using headphones to test an amp before being sure you won't destroy them is fairly important.  Go to a Fry's or radio shack and buy an el cheapo multi-meter.  Analog is fine... probably ~$15.  This is a requirement, not an option.  You never know what's going on without measuring it.

Staticy sound on one ear and very little in the other sounds like your opamp is only getting power on one side, or one channel is shorted to ground.  Need a multi-meter to test either scenario.  Or oscilloscope if you're fancy :)

Oh and this post should be in the DIY section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back