Annoying static from pc
Apr 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wooz

New Head-Fier
Hello's, I have new earphones and I started to notice the annoyances from my pc. Lots of buzzing, humming etc even when there's no music. On low volumes, there's also this noise keeps going on.... I have onboard music card, realtek something. Maybe I buy external?? Cuz other PC has gravis ultrasound, i use to play doom, quake and the duke and doesnt has this much :/ so idk.. Opinions?

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 4
Are they sensitive BA IEMs? Adding an attenuator would be a cost effective but not ideal way of eliminating interference. Onboard soundcards tend to suffer from interference from other devices on the motherboard, a soundcard upgrade will certainly solve the problem, plus you'll be getting better sound quality.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #3 of 4
BA iems ? The're Visang R02, and PL-30 where this problems suffers. I'll look for some good soundcard then. I remember I had some old soundblaster lying around here. Thanks :)

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 4
It would be just easier to buy a cheap USB DAC (FiiO E7 or E10), it will act as an external soundcard (and even as an amp for E7), so no buzzing anymore and no impedance issue.
Nothing to install on the PC you just plug it and you're done.

Of course, a internal soundcard may also work but you can never be sure that they won't impedance matching issues.

It's up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back